Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barbara Lewis Daughter Needs Prayers!
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ▄bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
Alexis Lewis
[/I][/I][/B][I]Hello Everybody,
Thank you all so much for your concern. Your prayers have helped me very dearly. I am ready to go home now, but my Nanny (Barbara) wants me to stay for one more day to see the doctors to make sure that I will be okay to come off of all my medication that I have been on. One of my eyes was swollen closed and it has been opening so that is good. biggrin.gif

I remember when I came off the horse it all seemed like a dream, but in trying to calm myself down I figured that this would just be another one of my accidents and that I would go to the hospital and get stitches and come home that night. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I was discovering that I was to be airlifted to a hospital 3 hours away to have surgery my heart had just about stopped ohmy.gif . I was so scared. When I got to the hospital they would not even let me wait to see my mom or Nanny before they took me into surgery.

After I got out of the surgery I felt awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in ICU ( intensive care unit ) for about 2 or 3 days before they moved me to a regular room. I have already got a couple of nurses that I am going to miss including Leslie and Cedric. Leslie has already left for the weekend and Cedric should be coming back tonight, so I will get to see him before I leave.

When I think about the fact that i have three fractures in my skull and at least two metal plates in my head, I think about how lucky I am to have recovered so quickly. I seemed to have made out like a bandit. ph34r.gif I am really happy that all of you have been praying for me. biggrin.gif If not I might not be going home tomorrow cool.gif

Your friend,

[B][I]Alexis Lewis

P.S.
When I get home I will show you all a picture of me and my Chihuahua and my Horse tongue.gif
Justin K. Rogers
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to be a superstar!
Majid
Alexis!

It is GREAT to hear from you! You have been in our prayers. Looking forward to seeing you at the Event next June!

Majid
Sliver
With all the love and support her family and friends have to give her, she will get better in no time!
Nasr
Barbara,
Tried to call you on your cellphone yesterday with no luck. Will try again today. Wonderful news .Keep up faith and hugs to you both. .

Alexis
As for you young lady.. Welcome Home. We all worried . It is becuse of your courage and our love to you and Barbara, our prayers were answered . God is merciful.
But ,please do not do this again .
Attached is Nadeem to chear you up.
Nasr

A final comment:
I am sure that you all have witnessed the blessing of the love of the Arabian horse. Alexis brought all together from all over the world. We all focused on on the wellbeing ofAlexis and sparing Barbara from suffering. We all prayed to our same God in different ways .People that did not know Barbara and Alexis personally were concerned and prayed .
It is wonderful that we care for our friends and other people.
This Forum and that of Pyramidarabians were a platform where everyone met and shared their love to the two ladies . Thanks to the Arabians , Oliver and Aleksi and Barbara for bringing us together.
Nasr
Helga
Amen to that! It really is wonderful how so many people from different countries and beliefs can stand together when the going gets tough. I love this forum!

Alexis,
I'm so happy to hear you're on your way home and recovering well. I wish you all the best. I do not know you, but I feel I know you a bit from reading all the posts here.
All the best wishes to you.

Helga Madsen
DebC
Alexis:

You GO girl! I'm glad to hear that you are going to be heading home soon. It is always much more comforting to be around things you know and love as you heal. Great BIG wishes for your recovery and never stop being a fighter. I am rooting for you.

Cheers!
Deb Charnuski
Calgary, Alberta Canada

P.S. Would love to see the picture of your Chihuahua!
Cyglenda Miller
Alexis,
So glad you are doing better. I've been worried about you since your accident. You have people you don't even know praying for a speedy recovery for you. I know how much you mean to your Nanny. One of the first online conversations that I ever had with her, she talked about her pride and joy and that was you, Alexis. smile.gif

Take good care of yourself and keep us updated.

Cyglenda
Ladypurr
Dear Alexis,

We are all so elated to learn of your sensational progress. God really does hear the heartfelt prayers of His people! He knows you kids will keep Him ever vigilant for your protection and care.

We'll continue to hold you up in our prayers and we do look forward to those pictures of your dog and that wayward gelding of your's.

Hugs from all of us at SE.com. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bet Nanny Lewis is so relieved!!!

With love,

--Susan wink.gif
Ladypurr
Dear Alexis,

We are all so elated to learn of your sensational progress. God really does hear the heartfelt prayers of His people! He knows you kids will keep Him ever vigilant for your protection and care.

We'll continue to hold you up in our prayers and we do look forward to those pictures of your dog and that wayward gelding of your's.

Hugs from all of us at SE.com. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bet Nanny Lewis is so relieved!!!

With love,

--Susan wink.gif
sanssouci
great news that you are doing better, alexis!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
best wishes for the reha and regards from germany
(below a picture of a non.chihuahua wink.gif , my beloved babou)
christine

i would like to say also "amen" to the words of nasr. very true! thank you. smile.gif
SÚmillah Arabians
Dear Alexis & Barbara

It is true like says it Nasr, that love is stronger than all, and our prayers and thoughts love coming from the whole world saved Alexis !! Which miracle !! Thank you Barbara for your generosity .
God you listened to. I makes full kisses with Alexis and you.

Claire
Barbara Lewis
Just a quick update. I received a phone call from one of Alexis's doctors late this afternoon. It seems that Alexis was not suppose to be discharged so soon, and we must return on Thursday. Her eye will be examined and if surgery is needed it will be done that afternoon. It's very annoying, as we are almost 4 hours away, by car. By Thursday my husband will be gone for some weeks, and now I must find someone to care for the animals. Had we stayed all of it would have been over before he left (tomorrow).

I'm very optimistic that all will be okay, and we can return home without another surgery. Things have gone so well that I expect nothing but positive improvements.

Again, I send my most sincere thanks to all of you here, and to those who have called and sent personal emails and gifts..... Lisa, Gulsun, Omar, Hassanain, Lynda, Karen, Anne Louise, Nasr, Majid, Brenda, Marty, Judi, Marilyn, Joan, Sue, etc. I am blessed to have such caring and wonderful friends.
BarbaraGuest
Just a quick update. I received a phone call from one of Alexis's doctors late this afternoon. It seems that Alexis was not suppose to be discharged so soon, and we must return on Thursday. Her eye will be examined and if surgery is needed it will be done that afternoon. It's very annoying, as we are almost 4 hours away, by car. By Thursday my husband will be gone for some weeks, and now I must find someone to care for the animals. Had we stayed all of it would have been over before he left (tomorrow). <_<

I'm very optimistic that all will be okay, and we can return home without another surgery. Things have gone so well that I expect nothing but positive improvements.

Again, I send my most sincere thanks to all of you here, and to those who have called and sent personal emails and gifts..... Lisa, Gulsun, Omar, Hassanain, Lynda, Karen, Anne Louise, Nasr, Majid, Brenda, Marty, Judi, Marilyn, Joan, Sue, etc. Big hugs and kisses. I am blessed to have such caring and wonderful friends.
aliaalhussein
Alexis, I am just back online and thrilled to read your good news! Well done, God Bless, and a special pat to the chihuahua! Big hug from here! Alia
Song of Egypt Arabians
QUOTE (Nasr @ Nov 15 2004, 08:59 AM)
I am sure that you all have witnessed the blessing of the love of the Arabian horse. Alexis brought all together from all over the world. We all focused on on the wellbeing ofAlexis and sparing Barbara from suffering. We all prayed to our same God in different ways .People that did not know Barbara and Alexis personally were concerned and prayed .
This Forum and that of Pyramidarabians were a platform where everyone met and shared their love to the two ladies . Thanks to the Arabians , Oliver and Aleksi and Barbara for bringing us together.
Nasr

I'll second that! biggrin.gif

Aleksi, I hope you're feeling better, and I'll be hoping for your speedy recovery... And remember to take care of yourself. I don't think your 'Nanny' would be able to take anymore scares like you must have given her!

My prayers are with you and your family...

And I'm looking forward to seeing what your chihuahua looks like! We've had a few of those in the family before!

Rachel Peters
Song of Egypt Arabians
http://www.songofegypt.com
songofegyptarabians@hotmail.com

"... Proudly standing sons of Ansata Ibn Halima, Ansata Imperial, Ansata Shah Zaman, and Makhsous... "
Song of Egypt Arabians
QUOTE (Nasr @ Nov 15 2004, 08:59 AM)
Nasr

I'll second that! biggrin.gif

Alexi, I hope you're feeling better, and I'll be hoping for your speedy recovery... And remember to take care of yourself. I don't think your 'Nanny' would be able to take anymore scares like you must have given her!

My prayers are with you and your family...

And I'm looking forward to seeing what your chihuahua looks like! We've had a few of those in the family before!

Rachel Peters
Song of Egypt Arabians
http://www.songofegypt.com
songofegyptarabians@hotmail.com

"... Proudly standing sons of Ansata Ibn Halima, Ansata Imperial, Ansata Shah Zaman, and Makhsous... "
BarbaraGuest
I've tried to talk Alexis into letting me take a photo of her and her Chihuahua today, but she refused. She is a bit troubled by the appearance of her eye and partly shaved head, so you may not see that photo for awhile. I'll try for a good shot of her Chi tomorrow, and let her post that.

We returned from the eye doctor, and thankfully there was no surgery at this time. Her vision is normal, as is the function of the eye muscles, which is a great relief. On the down side, we may have some cosmetic effects that could occur in the next few months, as the swelling continues to diminish and things begin to reveal themselves. We will fix all of those that we can, as they come. Most worrysome is the possibility that her eyeball may possibly sink back in the socket due to several open cracks in her socket bone and cheekbone. That is a wait and see situation. We hope for the best, and have faith in the many prayers from our multitude of wonderful friends. Thank you again.

BTW, just before we left for the doctors appointment, she took a walk to the stables alone to make her peace with her gelding. He has been forgiven.

Much, much love and thanks from Alexis and Barbara
aliaalhussein
Glad that things seem to be going in the right direction-the cosmetic side these days seems so much less worrying, thank God, and InSha`Allah her eye will be fine. Happy too that peace was made with the gelding, it`s important for them both. All good wishes, Alia
Alexis Lewis
Hello,
I am doing much better and would like to wish yet another thank you to the people that were kind enough to take a small amount out of their day just to pray for me and other people in need of prayers. Until now I did not know that prayers could work so quickly!

Below is a picture of me, my Chihuahua, Bruiser, and Susie, my Nanny's (Barbara)Doberman. It was taken today.

But anyway now that I am home and alot better I can only imagine how horrible my injury could have been if I did not have a helmet on unsure.gif It is hard to think that if I did not have a helmet on that I might not be here. It is really hard to think about that because it stll seems like one of my normal everyday horse-injuries. It kinda makes me sick to my stomach...................... It also makes me feel that there was something really important that God was trying to tell me and I think I figured it out........... Its that you should take advantage of life all that you can, because it could be taken away from you in a split-second if you're not careful. And now I know from close experience that it is very true.

Alexis Lewis

Alexis
Opps. I didn't know the photograph was going to be so big. I'm sorry.

I was upset that they had to cut my long hair off in the hospital and part of it is even shaved. After it was done it wasn't so bad after all. At least it is a lot easier to take care of than before. rolleyes.gif

cool.gif Alexis Lewis
ema
Alexis,

Your pictures are wonderful and I love your chihauhau... I had one once that looked a lot like yours. I called him Chachi, and he was the bravest little dog I ever knew!

Your long hair will grow and you sound so grown up yourself! I am so glad you are getting better and better!

Julia
Dragon and Mair
Alexis your photograph as brightened up our lives.Prayers do work you are the proof of that.Your hair will grow back in no time( spare a thought for me grey and going bald rolleyes.gif )We hope to meet you one day and talk Arabians and dogs all Arabian
Horse lovers seem to have dogs Bruiser looks so lovely we bet he is glad to have you home biggrin.gif Bruiser seems a boys name or a tough cookie of a Girl wink.gif
Love from the land of Castles and Dragons.
Dragon and Mair
barbara.gregory
Three beauties together in one photo! I am so pleased that you are recovering well, Alexis, people from all over the world have being praying to their God for your safe recovery.

I know your gelding must love you dearly and I am sure he has no idea of the pain and trauma he caused you, you are bound to be nervous around him for a while but the trust will come back.

God bless.

Barbara
gbfahne.gif
rhoni
Dear Alexis

I can't believe you are looking so good so soon after such a bad accident! Your hair will soon grow back too.

I just wanted to tell you this. I got kicked in the face by a young horse when I was a teenager and although it took three operations, no-one can tell now that it was so bad. In fact, people don't notice anything at all, even though a lot of bone was smashed and I had a lot of stitches across the middle of my face. I also was never nervous afterwards. The horse didn't mean to hurt me, and I was handling her again as soon as I could go back to work.

I'm sure you'll feel the same.

All the very best,
Rhoni
aliaalhussein
Alexis you look AMAZINGly well, MaSha`Allah, thank you for posting those pictures it was really good to see you and your lovely friends, and most of all to be reassured about you-really it just looks so much better than it sounded, Thank God for all the good things you have learned and also for reminding the rest of us of that very basic but important truth! With love and all good wishes-and prayers of course! Alia smile.gif
Oliver
Welcome home, Alexis!
We didn't know that we crossed our fingers for such
a beautiful girl. wink.gif Alexis, long hair or short hair -
believe me: Nothing will keep the boys away from such
a cute girl like you are. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Glad to see you are doing so well.
Best wishes from Germany.
Oliver
Stephanie
Welcome back into our midst Alexis.

It is wonderful to hear you are doing so well and you do look amazing on those pictures girl. I wish you all the best and keep us posted on your progress. biggrin.gif

Greetz,
Stephanie
Liz Salmon
┼lexis, it's wonderful to see you home again and on the mend. You are one tough girl. All the best and love, Liz Salmon
Cyglenda Miller
Alexis, You look GREAT!!!
You are one beautiful girl. So glad you are doing so well.
Love those dogs!! They look like little statues in the photo. Here's to continued progress. Don't worry about your hair. Since you're young it will grow back in no time.

Best Wishes,
Cyglenda
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.