Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nabiel
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Greyarabs
Hi All,
I am new to this forum but I have owned my Nabiel Grand Daughter for 5 years now.
I was looking for people who have his offspring or his line in your horses, I have a filly born to this mare last April that is 3X's back to Nabiel with Aladdinn, and Gamarr..She is just beautiful also my very first foal, took care of everybody elses horses and foals all of my life..I finally have my own.
Can you drop me a line and let me chat with you about this great line that I have loved all of my life?
bettyk
Hi, GreyArabs,

Welcome to the Nabiel Admiration Society! We have an Egyptian-related 17 YO stallion, Arabest Kaliel, bred by the Trapp's. He is by a son of Ansata Ibn Sudan and out of a Nabiel daughter. Some days he looks more like Sudan; other days he looks very much like Nabiel. I have some photos that I'll post a little later...most on this forum have seen them, but I can't resist putting them on again! biggrin.gif

What part of the country are you located in? Do you have some photos you could post? Would love to see pictures of your mare and filly!

BettyK
nina c K
Hi Greyarabs,

our MPA Amiri Alani is an Egyptian Prince daughter out of Arabest Sahira by Nabiel. Picture from the last summer:
Tuscani
Hi Greyarabs:

We have had a few Nabiels.

Brevian Fatale-Grand-daughter-lineage through AS Bint Nabiel

Tuscan Nasheeta- Grand-daughter-lineage through Akid Geshan

Star of Sirius-Grand-son-lineage through Akid Geshan

Tuscan Meseda-Double Nabiel through Ansata Nile Bay and Brevian Fatale

Scynthian Spark-Great grand-son lineage through Sterling Vision

Kheliela-Deceased Daughter of Nabiel
Greyarabs
oooo Thanks Everyone!
I am not sure how to post a picture, this computer is 8 years old and being replaced very soon! But I have some good ones.
I see your photo Nina and they LOOK ALIKE!! Same beautiful head.
Wow Tuscani 6 What a barn!!!
Betty..My Stallion is 7 this year, but he is going towards looking like Aladdinn, not that that is a bad thing..I just wanted the Nabiel look...Which I have with the Filly..She is 9 mos old now and as big as MiHi my mare!! BIG and BOLD just like Nabiel biggrin.gif
If I can Email anybody pictures let me know..Iam not sure how to do that from here.
I am in NE Iowa, and was so blessed to find these great horses here.
If anyone is looking for a Gamarr Daughter, I know where she is! she needs a loving home, right now just a brood mare in a herd..The owners switched to Quarter Horses and Paints, so she is being breed to them and throwing some outstanding crosses, her paint cross was a blue!!!
Oh...
MiHi is double Nabiel and will be 8 this year. I have not broke her yet, starting her this spring. No Saddle Seat people in my area so I will start her Western.
Saazar
Deborah Gorsuch at Arabians of Al Kar owns the look alike son of Nabiel - HH Fortune Hunter. I have some pictures of him I'll try to post.
Saazar
Another of HH Fortune Hunter
Greyarabs
Thank You!! You took my breath away!!! with the picture...I am so Happy the Line is still showing....I am sure I will meet more of you owners as this post gets read.
A great horse he is still in the blood of his offspring!
wpsa
Here is a Nabiel son, El Saniel that we own. We have other photos of him on our web site.
Just put Whispering Psalms Arabians in your search box if you would like to see more.
Wpsa
wpsa
Oops!!! Sorry the picture is so big.
Wpsa
All of these photos are breathtaking!!!!

NINA - that eye on your mare is the biggest, most captivating "soul" filled eye I have ever seen on an Arab!! No offense intended to any other Arabians I have seen thus far, including my own, but I am still trying to close my jaw!!! biggrin.gif

Warm Sincerity,
Sheila Bautz
nina c K
Dear Sheila,

thank you so much for your friendly words!
We are indeed blessed to have Amiri here. smile.gif

All the best

Nina -C. Kern
bettyk
Here is a recent photo of Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela x Nabiel):
bettyk
And another...
bettyk
Another (Arabest Kaliel)...
bettyk
and one more--the last, I promise! (First photo by Avalon Photography; last one by Michelle Tennyson)
bettyk
Nina,

Amiri is just beautiful...you could almost drown in her eyes!

BettyK
Ladypurr
Kaliel is just stunning!!

What motion, and you want tail carriage? Who yeah!

Wow!!!!!!

Fortune Hunter is just lovely too! He gets more beautiful as he matures.

Thanks for the pics!

--Susan biggrin.gif
Greyarabs
THANK YOU ALL!!!
Do we have horses or WHAT!!!! I know these horses get more beautiful with their age.
Where are all of you from?? so i can get a idea where his family is living???
Like I said I am in Iowa, and MiHi's Brother is now in Tenn.
How are their personalities?? MiHi is very standback, she will let all including her daughter boss her around..but she is willing to do anything you ask of her the first time, and if she doesn't understand you just have to ask again till she understands...then she will know.
Cindi
You can post all you want I wish I could start a scrap book of all the Family.
I have thought of sending the Trapps a card to thank them for having such grat sucess and the wisdom to breed Sakr and have the offspring like Nabiel, Great people in the Arab World!!!
Thank You Mr and MRS TRAPP
For giving us a Gift!
Greyarabs
Betty ..BEAUTIFUL!!
He looks alot like MiHi's Brother.
rylolin
Hello Greyarabs,

I have a Nabiel dtr, RA Azale. She is se and her dam, Maranatha Ariana is by Ibn Moniet El Nefous x Bint Soheir II.
Here are two very rough pasture pics of her:

We are located in central California. I am breeding her to my stallion, SES Nile Safir (Ansata Nile Pasha x Imperial Mistic by Ibn Morafic).

Best of luck with your mare and the baby. Your mare has beautiful eyes!

Regards,

Linda Scott
bettyk
GreyArabs,

We're in the Kansas City area. As for Kaliel's disposition, most people have trouble believing he's a stallion. He loves to show off when the time is right, but is also a perfect gentleman on trails, in dressage tests, at shows--wherever you want to take him. His favorite thing (now a ritual) is to rub his face before you put the bridle on--he's been known to actually go to sleep with his head in my arms!

I think it would be a wonderful idea to send the Trapp's a note--they'd enjoy that! If you would like their address, please e-mail me privately. Also, they purchased Nabiel from Gleannloch at a young age...they were not responsible for any of the "production" process.

Rylolin, I've seen photos (and maybe an online video?) of your stallion--Michelle Tennyson gave me the website address. He's quite handsome! She said her two favorite stallions are: (a) yours and (cool.gif mine! The cross between Azale and Safir should be pretty incredible!

BettyK
amanda
such lovely horses and im pleased to say that here in the uk we have the stunning nabiel son naazim (samsara stud) im lucky to own a nabiel ggdt through paschaal a naazim son biggrin.gif gbfahne.gif
nina c K
Thank you Betty!
I like Kaliel very much, Azale looks beautiful as well, even on these rough pictures!
We are from Germany, but Amiri is of course born in the US.
Greyarabs
O Linda... you have beautiful horses!!! Your Stallion is much much nicer than mine, but my filly is just as pretty as yours biggrin.gif
I have the Trapps address from another Nabiel Daughter 's Owner, who lives close to me and has answered alot of my panic questions rolleyes.gif
MiHi LOVES to have her head scratched too!!!!!! laugh.gif And will roll her eyes and make a noise if I put my finger in her ear and scratch it!! It looks like the apples did not fall far from the tree!.
I really hope your safe from all of the rain and problems Cailf is having, now when ever I hear about Central Cailf, I am going to worry about you and the horses laugh.gif
My second favorite horse is Who Else M El N and you have that line too biggrin.gif ..I almost bought a little Mare I think a gd of that line but she just did not like me and I finally told Eddy, I can't take her...She didn't want me unsure.gif so I passed her up.
Thanks again for your photos, I love her LONG face.
Do you ride her or is she just a b m ??
Oh and how tall is she??

What are the heights of all your horses, and most are white or gray?

MiHi is 14 3h and f bit Gray white feet
Zane is 14 2 Steel gray 4 black feet
Spirit 13 3h and a mouse gray with a white blaze 4 black feet.
Greyarabs
Hi Betty,
I love the fact that these Stallions are very layed back, my Vet is all NEVER trust a Stallion, My Shoer is Why keep him a stallion if your not going to use him... All the Cowboy junk and I love..Why are you not riding the poo out of them?? ..Well they are young, and his QH are all sore and mine are not blink.gif He doesn't mind doing them he only has mine in his whole area aND HE IS VERY PATIENT with them. biggrin.gif

Cindi
Greyarabs
Hi Amanda!
Hello from the USA biggrin.gif
I think it is Fantastic that we are Worlds Apart and have this line and can enjoy it!!
elmiladi
I just wanted to remind all of you Nabiel fans that The Pyramid Foundation did a video tribute to Nabiel and it is still available in VHS or DVD format. It was a pleasure be involved with this project along with talented videographer Darryl Larson. I also owned a lovely Nabiel daughter out of an *Ansata Ibn Halima daughter which was one of my very favorite mares. The video is available through The Pyramid Foundation, Inc. and proceeds benefit the Foundation which is dedicated to education and research regarding the straight Egyptian Arabian. You may find a link here:

http://www.pyramidsociety.org/Foundation/d...esertlegend.htm

Best Regards,

Cynthia Culbertson
rylolin
Hi Greyarabs,
Thanks for your kind words - we do have favorite horses in common. I also have an M el N dtr. who is out of an Ansata El Sherif dtr.. Abby has only been a bm her whole life. She is 15' tall. Here are the rest of my horses:

SES Nile Safir 15'2" grey
CW Bint Shahloul 15' grey (Ibn Moniet El Nefous x El Danielle (Ansata El Sherif x Rudania)
*Barakat Alb 15' grey Ameer Albadeia x Malekat Al Wadi (Fayek x Nagdia)
Shaiaama 14'3" bay *Simeon Shai x *Naama ( Ibn Galal x Nana) on lease from Legend Star Ranch

So yes, most of mine are grey/white. Safir and Shahloul are fleabitten grey while Abby and Barakat are white. In this group only Safir and Shaiaama are riding horses.

We are (so far) very safe from the terrible rain/mudslides. We live in the northern part of the central valley of California. It is flat farmland where we are located. Thank you for asking and worrying for us. We're hoping for an early spring!

Regards, Linda
rylolin
Hello BettyK,

Kalliel is quite handsome and has outstanding looks under saddle! I can see why you are so proud of him! You are very lucky to have him.

Regards,
Linda Scott

Linda
rylolin
Hello BettyK,

I just "chatted" with Michelle in the last week. She has mentioned you to me as well. I can see why Kaliel is a favorite of hers too. Too bad I don't live closer so I could visit your farm... Thank you for your kind thoughts as well. I have chosen mares that are primarily of the same substantial body type as Abby so I'm hoping that sort of cross works well. I'm very excited about our 2006 foal crop but as always, we plan for the best and pray that fortune smiles on us...:-))!

Regards,
Linda Scott
majahl
QUOTE (Greyarabs @ Feb 3 2005, 12:46 AM)
oooo Thanks Everyone! 
I am not sure how to post a picture, this computer is 8 years old and being replaced very soon! But I have some good ones.
  I see your photo Nina and they LOOK ALIKE!!  Same beautiful head.
Wow Tuscani 6 What a barn!!!
Betty..My Stallion is 7 this year, but he is going towards looking like Aladdinn, not that that is a bad thing..I just wanted the Nabiel look...Which I have with the Filly..She is 9 mos old now and as big as MiHi my mare!! BIG and BOLD just like Nabiel  biggrin.gif
  If I can Email anybody pictures let me know..Iam not sure how to do that from here.
  I am in NE Iowa, and was so blessed to find these great horses here.
  If anyone is looking for a Gamarr Daughter, I know where she is!  she needs a loving home, right now just a brood mare in a herd..The owners switched to Quarter Horses and Paints, so she is being breed to them and throwing some outstanding crosses, her paint cross was a blue!!!
Oh...
MiHi is double Nabiel and will be 8 this year. I have not broke her yet, starting her this spring. No Saddle Seat people in my area so I will start her Western.

.....but he is going towards looking like Aladdinn....

Hi Greyarabs

Do you have any pic of him ? Would really like to see him

Thanks smile.gif

majahl
Carol Maginn
I have a Nabiel Grand Daughter by Makhsous....

rylolin
Hello Carol,

Your mare is beautiful! What is her name and her damline?

Regards,
Linda Scott
Carol Maginn
Thanks Linda!!!!!

Her name is Prima Bella KA and her dam is named KA Namira who is by out of Nabiel and AK Maliya who is an Egyptian Prince daughter. Here is a link so you can see the pedigree http://www.bearcreek-ranch.com/bella.html. There is also a little photo of her mother on this page who is the actual Nabiel daughter...

I really glad you like her - we love her too!!!

Carol
Carol Maginn
Linda,

I forgot to mention that we are expecting Bella's first foal by Marquis I in July... Please pray for a healthy baby for us...

Thanks,

Carol
Greyarabs
Hi,
I have alot of ugly pictures of Zane biggrin.gif I am not showing them, I just bought the whole package when I found the horses at a Farm (they showed but sold out to QH's ohmy.gif(...what some people won't do for their new hubbies laugh.gif ) It is funny, he has knee action in the snow, but on the flat he is a floater..I am in the process of getting him Reg. ( Like chasing the old owners down to collect signatures!!!) I have to get this done by Mar 31 too. sad.gif If you were to go to the Fantasy Pedigree at www.arabdatasource.com Put in his parents 510465 / 514752 AHR numbers you can see how well bred he is.
I do have to say I am gelding him ohmy.gif in the spring, I don't have enough room for more than 5 horses. I don't live in a Arabian area..And to sell him around here as a Stallion would be doom for him...So he will live as a gelding with his Family here with me. I am so happy to have a filly out of him biggrin.gif
If you got the AHA News Letter on line there is a story about the Arabians in Iraq needing our help!!! Zane looks simular to the Stallion in that story.
and my last excuse on why I don't have a picture of him on this Forum...I don't know how to do it blink.gif
Cindi
Greyarabs
Carol...
She is so pretty!!!! To see that blend of gray...they usually are white, gray or fle bit.
And to take a trip down memory lane...When I worked at AC COLOR LAB in Cleveland in the 70's Judith was just starting out I think..We did her Proofs... I proudly had a ton of her work all over my Dark Room Walls...So If any one knows her, Please pass on my story and Tell her I still admire her work!!!!
Thanks all for doing this Forum, I don't have anyone to talk to about this line here and to actually have a group sharing all of this with little ol me is just what makes you all so special and our horses too!!!
And I know what I was going through last year waiting for my Mare to foal my first baby...driving Ken nuts in Emails (Thank You too Ken!!!!!) the Vet, My Western USA Internet Friends Who have QH and Paints but gave me the support I needed even though I am a Arabian Owner biggrin.gif ( Boy they have issues Don't they??? biggrin.gif )
God Bless You All and I Pray your mares have a Safe, Healthy,Foaling Season AMEN!!!!
And please post when you have the little ones, pictures too!!!!
Cindi
Carol Maginn
Cindi,

Bella is completely white now - except that she is flea bitten as you said... The first photo I posted is an older photo taken perhaps when she was maybe 4 or 6 years old... She is going to be 10 this year!!! Here is a more recent photo of her running around the pasture...

rylolin
Hi Carol,

I wish you the very best with her foaling. When is she due? I just love those eyes! I definitely admire the Koheilan breeding program. Someday I would like to add their bloodlines into my little group . So many beautiful horses...so little time!

Regards, Linda
rylolin
It sounds like the little group was very, very lucky to find you! I would love to see your pics if you decide to share them (maybe by email?).

Regards,
Linda
rylolin@sbcglobal.net
Carol Maginn
Linda,

She is Due on July 7th... Thank you so much for your well wishes on her foaling - it really means alot to me - now more than ever...

I have 3 Kehilan bred mares and I am really happy with all of them... I know what you mean about so many beautiful horses... For me its so little land!!!

Thanks again!!!

Carol
Deborah
Greyarabs,

You are truly fortunate to have a mare out of the Nabiel line!

I maybe overly bias to the Nabiel lines, but these horses are extrodinarily intelligent and possess an elegence that cannot be mistaken for any other line. Don't get me wrong, there are other lines, I think are absolutely beautiful and elegent too,(Botswana for example) but their "look" is unmistakenly different.

Earlier, the question was raised about the personality of the Nabiel horses. I can't answer for all the other Nabiel owners, but when I go down to the barn to quickly check on the horses before I leave out to work each morning, I look at his foals and there is no question who their sire is. Not only by sight, but by their eagerness to have a their head & neck rub and a short conversation.

A very quick story that I think will sum up the personality question.

At last years' Egyptian Event - just prior to loading the horses up to leave for home, there was a family visiting the Kentucky Horse Park for a Wedding and had decided to come through the barn just to show their three children the "pretty" horses. The two older children wanted to pet the "Pretty White" horse in the stall. Their Mother and Grandmother, totally unaware that this pretty white horse was a stallion, asked if we would'nt mind allowing their children to pet the horse. Perry brought Fortune Hunter out of the stall and Hunter graciously accepted their "petting". While to any of us who own an Arabian horse would expect this behavior from our horses, the extrodinary was yet to happen. The third child was in a stroller and obvisiously suffered from extreme "Downes Syndrome". Not sure as to how Hunter or this child would react to one another, we brought Hunter over to the Grandmother who was pushing the stroller and asked if we should lift the child in his stroller up to Hunter's height or if Hunter would cooperate and walk close enough to the stoller for this child to reach out to touch him. You could see the excitement in the little boys face, he was eager to touch the horse. It was at that time that Hunter knew extinctively what to do and slowly placed his large head in the childs' lap so that he could be stroked. Hunter graciously took the wild and uncoordinated strokes. I cannot tell you how very proud I was with Hunter, there was not a dry eye amongst the adults. I have no doubt when this family thinks of horses or if they should ever decide take their children for lessons or buy a horse, they will remember that tender and extrodinary moment with the "Pretty White" Arabian Stallion.

I hope that all of you, will experience these types of situations with your Nabiel horses. These moments are treasures no one can place a price on.

I understand that you are from NE Iowa. My husband is from Wilton Junction, just outside of Muscatine, Iowa. The Muscatine Community College offers a fantastic Equine Science degree which has teamed up with a riding school, who I believe offers saddle seat, send me your address or phone number and I will have him contact the school/ farm (he is an alumni from the school) and ask about saddle seat trainers in your area.

Nina- Absolutely love Amiri's eyes!

Deborah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.