Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Besson Carol
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
PaulGuest
I wish to see photos of offspring by Besson Carol, preferably not any images from AHW or AHT.

I saw JA Ultima was shown in Europe. Maybe any photos of her?

To anyone that has seen Besson; what is your impression of him and what do you think he contributes to his foals?

Paul
equinegateskeeper
go to michael byatt arabians they have quite a few photos of besson foals as he's owned by a group that stands him at stud at michael's farm just google byatt arabians. there you'll also most likely link to other owners who have had foals by him BARB
Dick
BESSON CAROL (Parys El Jamaal X Classic Krystall by Simeon Shor) 1998 bred by Alton Domingues.
encore
Well, I obviously can't match Dick's photography ability, but I have two nice photos from the 2004 Scottsdale show. I really like Besson, he seems to be pretty underrated as a sire, particularly for the quality he produces (nice, well set necks, pretty heads, nice movement-and he seemed to have a kind disposition from what I saw also). His foals also seem to have a lot of presence, and you can always pick out a Besson foal from a crowd!

Barb, the original poster wanted non-professional shots of Besson/Besson foals. All the photos on Michael's site are pro... smile.gif
mckulley1
I've seen many of his foals, a few of them in person as well. He seems to be a good sire. His foals have done well in the ring. His sons and daughters are just getting old enough to see how they will produce. I see consistantly pretty heads with big eyes and good ears. Pretty shapely neck. Most move better than their sire. I think it's just a matter of the mare you are utilizing for him. Personally I'd take a correct, big bodied, good boned, good moving mare to him for hopes of some refinement and pretty added to the package...that saying that the mare passes on all of her traits wink.gif I've seen a few *Bessons out of Jamaal dtrs...very very pretty individuals. The mares were phenominal individuals too.....
Billy
JA Ultima by (Besson Carol x Ultimate High by WN Ultimate Star)

Picture is from yesterday from International show in Denmark..

Billy
JA Ultima again biggrin.gif

mckulley1
How did she do at the show?
encore
She was 3rd in the 2 year old fillies class with 91 points. biggrin.gif
Ally
She looks beatiful biggrin.gif
alisonstran
I have had great luck with Besson Carol! This is one of them that I kept for myself, she is being bred to Marwan. She had two full sisters that were just as lovely but I sold them. He's a beautiful stallion!
Zajaddi
I saw Besson at the Spring Time in TX open house in April and I was very impressed by him. Here are two amateur head photos of him taken during the presentation. He was very captivating, especially his face. He has ALOT of presence. Unfortunately Michael didn't have any of his babies to show but he is doing a great job as a sire. Check out the michaelbyattarabians.com website where there is some info about Besson babies and their great success at Scottsdale.
Zajaddi
Allison - she is gorgeous!
alisonstran
Thanks-
She is my Mirrakesch. - you can see her two sisters on my web page under Sales (they are both sold but if you want to see what the others looked like)

I have loved or at least REALLY liked the ones I see at the farm. I think he is great at improving the mares he is bred to, even if the mare is beautiful herself!! The pictures you took of him were nice and look just like him. Thanks for my pictures again :-)
Alison
PaulGuest
Thank you all for your comments. I am very impressed by the way he looks like in your photos.

I am thinking of breeding one of our mares to him and as I haven't seen the stallion in person yet, It is good to hear what other people have to say.

Thank you very much!
Paul
Zajaddi
Hi Paul,

I would strongly encourage you to attend the next Byatt open house in July (Allison - is that correct? I remember Carolyn saying something about it... ) and see Besson for yourself. Michael said he's had a lot of success breeding Russian lines with Besson so that is my goal for next year with one of our mares. The open house was just wonderful and the hospitality was the best! Michael, Robert and their staff certainly make it worth your while to come.... what a collection of the finest horses in all the world!

Thanks for the compliments on the photos... he sure is a beautiful stallion.

Diana
equinegateskeeper
QUOTE (Zajaddi @ May 23 2005, 01:51 PM)
I saw Besson at the Spring Time in TX open house in April and I was very impressed by him.  Here are two amateur head photos of him taken during the presentation.  He was very captivating, especially his face. He has ALOT of presence.  Unfortunately Michael didn't have any of his babies to show but he is doing a great job as a sire.  Check out the michaelbyattarabians.com website where there is some info about Besson babies and their great success at Scottsdale.

Mirakesche looks so beautiful all grown up . i'm sorry to hear about her accident i'm going through similar experience with a yearling who kicked the door and ended up putting her hind leg through it . her leg is torn up from hock to fetlock and there's some damage in the joint we're hoping though her joint recovers and she becomes completely sound.

i suggested michael's website and was told by encore that Paul guest wanted none professional pics and the ones on his site were all professional. BARB blink.gif blink.gif they still show his and his get's quality.
equinegateskeeper
QUOTE (JP Arabians DK. @ May 22 2005, 11:35 PM)
JA Ultima by (Besson Carol x Ultimate High by  WN Ultimate Star)

Picture is from yesterday from International show in Denmark..

Ultima reminds me alot of Ultimate Star especially with her forelock like it is in her pics. BARB
encore
Yes, but professional pictures can be edited or shown in a particular way to hide faults. I think we can rest assured that no "Photoshop Surgery" has been done on Michael's pictures, as he has taken an understandably firm stance against photo editing. But, do take a look at the picture posted of the Minstril a couple weeks ago-not a pro shot, but still showed him in a nice light, but with no tricks of the light or camera to enhance or hide. I think some of the non-pro shots are some of the best. In addition, he wanted photos that had not appeared in the times or world, and I think pretty well all of the photos on Besson's site have appeared in one or the other at some time... unsure.gif biggrin.gif
alisonstran
Hi everyone,
I can GUARANTEE you that none of the photos on Michael's website are altered!!!!!

Thank you very much EquineGateKeeper for your comment on my Mirrakesch. I hope your filly's leg heals well. I have to tell you that mine had a TERRIBLE terrible accident and we were not sure she would make it. We spent a fortune putting her leg back together but she was worth every penny and now we are very greatful that she was hurt!! I wish you the best with your filly. Email me if you'd like and I'll send you a picture of Mirrakesch's leg - it might make you feel better :-) I still can not believe it healed like it did. I hope you get the same result!!
Alison
Ladypurr
Incredible cross!

This beautiful filly is a complete package. Gorgeous, feminine type; smoothly coupled body and great overall presence and quality.

Can you even imagine what great things she'll be capable of as a broodmare, too? This is a mare you could breed to any stallion and get an exceptional foal. Such beauty just takes my breath away!

Thank you, Jani, for posting these lovely pictures.

--Susan biggrin.gif
equinegateskeeper
I understand But Michael is totally against the alterations of the pictures so i'm sure he wouldn't have that done to any pics on his website. read his web log in the ahw magazine. BARB
encore
QUOTE (equinegateskeeper @ May 24 2005, 10:05 PM)
I understand But Michael is totally against    the alterations of the pictures  so i'm sure  he wouldn't  have that done to any      pics on his website.  read  his  web log in the ahw magazine. BARB

That's precisely what I already said.
wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.