Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Khidar Homozygous Grey ?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
poppeensGuest
A friend of mine is expecting a Khidar foal out of his chestnut mare.

We just had a discussion re. the color that the foal might be. Until now, we only saw grey Khidar offsprings so it could be that Khidar is homozygous grey.

Does anyone know of a Khidar son/daughter that is NOT grey ?

Thanks

Mary
fantasiaa
Mine is grey and gave me a grey colt out of a chestnut mare.

Orahn pictured by Gutershon
Michelle Salmon
I have a feeling he is. Another thing is that he went very white very young, which I always think can be an indication.
I have never seen a solid coloured foal by him.
babara
I don't know about any coloured foal. Our filly is grey out of a bay mare.
Dr Daniel Wigger
QUOTE (Michelle Fitz-Gerald @ Jun 15 2005, 02:36 PM)
I have a feeling he is. Another thing is that he went very white very young, which I always think can be an indication.

I have the same feeling. The earlier a horse turns grey, the greater is the probability of being homozygeous. If they are already snow white as yearlings, one can almost be sure.
khidar sired only grey foals so far i know, have a look at www.europeantrainingcenter.com in the stallion section are some photos of his get!
bterlaan
In the allbreedpedigree database there is a chestnut offspring mentioned, called Abha Nehru.
We are expecting a foal by him, please can anyone post more photo's of his lovely offspring?
We reckon he will be the sire of the future cool.gif
Josje
Below are some pics of my lovely Khidar-daughter "Khidaarah" (out of Straight Spanish mare Rashidaa by Mel Nebli). She was born in 2001, sold last year to Sweden and expecting her first foal by Om El Extreem any day now !

Ofcourse another foal I bred by Khidar was Ghajariy, I guess there's no need to post pics of him. wink.gif
Josje
Khidaarah (Khidar x Rashidaa)
Josje
And another.
Billy
Khidar as a foal, he is sweet cool.gif

Foto ?
Thankyou, I am sooo excited. Khidar looks edible as a foal biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.