Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High % Nazeer Se's
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pete Hiatt
We are now at a point where we are about 6 generations removed from the great Nazeer. There are no sons left and likely no grandsons left. Fortunately, we have many stallion and mare lines available to the great one. Who has some very high % Nazeer mares and stallions? I have two stallions and 3 mares with just over 43% Nazeer. Do I hear 44% anywhere?
I know the Stallions Ansata El Salaam and Ansata Selman ! They have alot Nazeer but I dont know how much in % ?!
eric
Nazeer still has some grandsons around, I can think of two off the top of my head. Halim El Mansour and Glorietta Gazal.
Ansata El Salaam 40.9625%
Halima El Mansour 31.325%
Glorieta Gazal 25%
Sha3lan
IF U DON'T MIND PLZ
WOULD SOME ONE TELL ME HOW DO U COUNT THIS % ?
THANK U smile.gif
YASSMIN
bterlaan
Yassmin, it is simple: you add up the % of the parents and divide by two. Or add up the gradsparents and divide by four.
At least, that seems to be meant in this thread. There are other, more complicated methods based on genetic laws, but I am not familiar with those. The % indicated in this thread is (more or less) consistent with the simple rule I indicated above.

A child of Nazeer (100) out of a non-Nazeer dam (0) has (100 + 0) / 2 = 50%.
The combination of two such Nazeer children: (50 + 50) / 2 = 50%.
A Nazeer grandchild where there is no further addition of Nazeer blood: (50 + 0) / 2 = 25%
The combination of a Nazeer grandchild with a Nazeer child where the other lines have no Nazeer: (50 + 25) / 2 =37.5%.

Halim el Mansour : sire is 50% Nazeer. dam is 25% Nazeer, so the horse himself is 37.5% Nazeer.
Ansata El Salaam: he grandparents are: 50, 25, 50 37.5% Nazeer. Add them up and divide by 4 and you get 40.625%
Glorieta Gazaal: The grandparnets have: 50, 50, 0, 0, which makes 25%

In the All breed pedigree you can look it up: horse's name. "Report"> linebreeding. The first column indicating percentages gives the values as calculated above. The second percentages column I don't know.
Sha3lan
bterlann:
u are always there biggrin.gif to answer my silly questions tongue.gif
thank u my friend so much
another one plz ... so what is the COI % ?
once a friend explaned to me but i got notheing sad.gif

thank u
yassmin
bterlaan
Hi Yassmin, not silly at all? Silly is NOT asking what you want to know smile.gif Or not admitting that you don't know something.
And sorry, I am not always there for you: I don't know what COI% means wink.gif
I'll try to look it up.
bterlaan
Aha, Coefficient Of Inbreeding. That is the more complicated calculation to which I referred. I googled "COI % genetics" and I got this (and others), perhaps it helps:
http://www.canine-genetics.com/pgbreed.htm
http://www.dogstuff.info/playing_coi_sharp.html
bterlaan
Radames II: 43.75% Nazeer. Salaa el Dine x Ansata Rebecca, who is 50% Nazeer in a mix of combinations.
Hey Pete, smile.gif

I have a SE stallion who is 45.875% Nazeer blood?

Do I hear 46? biggrin.gif

Kelly
CenturyOak
Zandai Jasoor - 2003 SE stallion

Horse............................................Crosses.................Blood%.................. AGR
ANSATA IBN HALIMA...........................4........................40.63%...................62.16%
ANSATA SHAH ZAMAN........................3........................18.75%...................56.59%
MORAFIC................................................5....................... 21.88%...................50.53%
NAZEER...............................................14........................4
0.63%...................48.90%

ANSATA BINT BUKRA..........................2............ .............9.38%...................39.20%
SHEIKH EL ARAB...............................14........................14.45%...................32.79%*
MANSOUR...........................................22........................26.9
5%...................31.33%*
MABROUKA (1951)..............................8.........................15.63%...................31.16%

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Sha3lan
thank you thank you bterlann biggrin.gif smile.gif
Your's yassmin
Maysama
Hello,

Isn't the Ibn Halima son El Hadiyyah still alive?
And his brother El Majjid?

Lindy
greenwoodarabsGuest
I don't know how to do the percentages-but I have a broodmare that I count 10 crosses to Morafic or Nazeer in that column alone. She is line bred Serenity Sonbolah-I think Hansi can speak more on that linage.
I tried to download a copy of the pedigree, but can't seem to do this here....sorry.
Necia 1992 bay mare AHA 496654.
If anyone knows how to figure % please educate me. thanks.
greenwood arabs
blink.gif Ooh...I just read the post on how to figure percents-if I did it right-It comes out to about 33%-so I am not anywhere NEAR the top running on Nazeer blood. thanks for sharing information though! It was fun learning new things. tongue.gif
Regality
My gelding BFA Regality (VP Regal Heir x BSA Latifa) has Nazeer as 2 great, great grandsires and 3 great, great, great grandsires on his sire's side and 5 great great great grandsires on his dam's side. What does that mean?
Sliver
El Majiid passed away a couple years ago I believe?
bterlaan
Necia: 28,13% Nazeer
BFA Regality: 37,5% Nazeer
El Majiid and full siblings: 37,5% Nazeer

Who is the 45+ stallion?
Hi Bterlaan,

Rasmoniet EHAP is 45.875% Nazeer. (Rasmoniet RSI X Shikos Kazmeenah)
Could you double check my math to see if this is right? smile.gif

Actually I was always after horses who had high percentage of Mansour blood, since I also like Sheikh El Arab and how his daughters produced to Nazeer.
thank you Bterlaan. smile.gif
Sorry, I forgot to sign my name to the above post.
Thanks again
Kelly
Aimbri
Hi,

My SE stallion, Moon Sheine, has a lot of Nazeer blood. His sire is El Hilal (Ansata Ibn Halima x Bint Nefisaa), both by Nazeer, and his dam is Nafairtiti (Morafic x Bint Maisa El Saghira), again both by Nazeer. By following the calculations that were in the above posts, that would make him 50% Nazeer, would it?

Jeannette
Jeanette,

Yes, I do think you are correct!! How exciting, 50% Nazeer. biggrin.gif
What a great pedigree. I'd like to hear more about him.
Kelly
Aimbri
Hi Kelly,

I bought Moon Sheine in 2003. He also has a full brother, Moon Sonn owned by Barry and Sylvia Thacker, Alberta. Check out the thread, SE El Hilal Sons. I wrote about Moon Sheine there, and Sylvia wrote about Moon Sonn. Attached is a photo of Moon Sheine.

Since those posts, Moon Sheine is now at Wunderbar Arabians, Saskatoon, to be available for shipped semen. From what I hear, he is enjoying his time at the "Wunderbar Spa". Moon Sheine has several foals but only 5 SE foals, all fillies. One is owned by Cathy Rochon, BC, one by Marion Murphy, South Carolina, and 3 are here at my farm.

Thanks for your interest.
Jeannette
Hi Jeanette,

Yes, I was so excited about his pedigree I looked him up right away.

Moon Sheine is just stunning, and I love a nice chestnut stallion. I have always admired Bint Maisa El Saghira too. She had such a regal look to her, and I can see it came through in Moon Sheine. All that wonderful Nazeer blood, and yet he's such a one of a kind looking stallion. I won't forget him or this picture. Thanks for showing him to me. I will be in touch..
smile.gif

Thanks
Kelly
Regality
Bterlann, Thanks for doing the math. wink.gif
Heirloom Arabian Stud
can someone help me,, i cant seem to do the math right?
I have a young colt here that is ansata {top} heavy nazeer,, and glenlock {bottom} also heavy nazeer,
his name is El Rhaqiis DSA,

thanks bunches
Mike
Chiron
Here you go Mike:
Sire is 37.5%...Dam is 31.25%
El Rhaqiis DSA is.....33.875% Nazeer!! tongue.gif

Congrats for a great go at EE. Wish I could have been there to see rolleyes.gif
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Chiron,
thank you! thats what i got too, but wasnt sure i was doing it right!

mike
Regality
What about BFA Regality's parents: VP Regal Heir (El Hilal x Bint Sammara) and BSA Latifa (*Moatism x Ruminaja Afifa)?
Aimbri
Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments about Moon Sheine. I just LOVE this guy! Besides Moon Sheine and his full siblings, there must be other SE horses around that have the same (or greater) % Nazeer?

Jeannette
CenturyOak
Jeanette he is beautiful! He looks like he's got that great blend of beauty, refinement yet retains substance (his chest looks really nice in that photo smile.gif ) Would love to hear more about this beautiful boy wub.gif
bterlaan
Frankly, I don't do the maths myself, I just look them up in the allbreed pedigree database after I checked that we are talking about the same thing. tongue.gif

Moon Sheine (great picture!): how exciting, all of his four greatgrandsires are one and the same: Nazeer, so yes, indeed, he is 50% Nazeer.

Rasmoniet EHAP: 46. 88%

El Rhaqiis DSA 37.5%

BFA Regality: 37.5% VP Regal heir: 43,75% BSA Latifa. 31,25%
Aimbri
Hi Donna,

Thank you for your comments. I have sent you an e-mail with more information about Moon Sheine.

Thanks,
Jeannette
Kara
Hi Everyone,
I have a Nazeer great grandson with many other crosses to Nazeer. I am not sure I figured his percentage of Nazeer correctly. Would someone else be able to help me? His name is Al Khitaam. He is a 2000 stallion in the Arabian Horse Registry. I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Kara
Regality
Kara, Did you see that Regal Heir is 43.75% Nazeer and Regality is 37.5 %.
CenturyOak
Jeanette - Thanks for the email smile.gif He's a beautiful boy for sure! I've got to find some SE mares to take advantage of this sort of breeding tongue.gif

Bterlaan - you forgot Zandai Jasoor who is 40.63% Nazeer in that list tongue.gif His first foals will be hitting the ground next year.. will have to figure those percentages as well wink.gif
bterlaan
No, I did not forget him. I left him out because there was a pefect copy of what his lineage looks like and I had nothing to add. But of course keeping track of all the horses mentioned is difficult and it might indeed have been the case that I forgot him smile.gif
Connie
Thanks for this information, bterlaan!

El Rhaqiis DSA is our stallion and probably one of the last sons of El Majiid. El Majiid passed away in 2002, I believe in June. We had just purchased El Rhaqiis a few weeks before, as a yearling. To my knowledge, El Haddiyah (a full brother) is still living.

Connie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.