Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nk Hafid Jamil
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Hafid fan
If you read my posts I dont slander any horse. Only thing I said was that Hafid is not the horse I would choose for my mares smile.gif
but you should really accept other peoples opinion... I have seen alot of Hafid offsprings, and they are not really the kind of horses I would like to breed, but pretty heads without a doubt! rolleyes.gif
Mitch
Reading through these posts I to have seen no-one " slander " the horse in question. It's just funny that if any one was to say something near a truth, the good old term " slander '' seems to pop up. I would love to hear more expierenced breeders like HLM etc. share their thoughts on the horse pictured. In days gone by that is how they could appraise a horse as well as by hear say...and dare I mention how they performed under saddle ph34r.gif
Gari
Tim,

Do you have permission to post the photos the filly? If so, then please post here. Would love to see.

Passionata,

I did know Camila very well and she is a lovely mare, very very correct and presumably she has aged beautifully as have so many of the Carmargues so her daughter must be out of this world. If the filly is a bay via Cam then you would expect a more substantial looking youngster than you would have in a gray but very lovely and very correct. As I recall she was shown and won on numerous occasions...Wasn't she British National Champion Senior Mare last year?
Karen Guest
Baha

I have known Jenni for many years, I have never known her to rubbish other peoples horses. Sure we have sat and discussed many horses (including her own) good points & bad points, but not ever in a malicious way, in fact she is the only breeder that I know that takes her guests both local and international to other breeding farms, even if she is aware they are looking to buy. Obviously you do not know her personally as if you did you would know what you have said is absolute BS.

Karen

PS I might add in my opinion and many others as well, Jenni has some of the best horses in Australia, she has no need nor is she in the slightest jealous of other peoples horses. Perhaps you did not see or forgot what she wrote for Louise from Saba Arabians, which was Published in the AHN, she said " Thaquib is one of the best SE stallions I have seen anywhere in the world, "

To me it sounds like you are the one that is jealous!!!!!!
Gari
Passionata, here is OmL Camila Estopa winning last year at the British Nationals think she ended up over all Reserve National Champion. Can't wait to see photos of the baby!
Helga
Gari,

No, I am not the owner of the Hafid offspring who will be shown this year - I don't know them, have just heard about it and is excited about it biggrin.gif

I am a big Hafid Jamil fan also - but each to its own. I don't mind that some people don't like him, I just don't think it's polite to talk badly about him here. If you don't like the stallion, don't use him. It's as simple as that. smile.gif
Gari
Helga,

Many thanks! He is so lovely. If you find out the who will be shown, could you post the names so we can watch for them?
Tasiguest
Baha

Here we go from publically destroying someones much loved stallion, to one of the nicest people I have met in the Arabian horse industry.

I am just a littel no body from Tasmania with one much loved horse and no money, yet she & her husband treated me like royalty, and when I was too shy to ring and ask Simeon stud if I could visit when I was over for the Australian Championships, she rang and organised it for me, along with several other farms, including Saba, but I was not able to attend Saba, and she only had nice things to say about other peoples horses, nothing nasty at all, like Karen said in her post, to me you are the jeolous person not Jenni, and her horses were the best I saw whilst on my visit to NSW. I am saving hard so I can buy one in thefuture.

I think Hafid JAamil is very beautiful judging on the photos, and to me all you people who are knocking him are just nasty people if you do not like him why even look at the thread? ph34r.gif mad.gif ph34r.gif mad.gif
Passionata
Tim,

It would be lovely to see the pictures. My Passionata was born in 1997.

Gari,

Thanks so much for posting the picture, she is a lovely mare. Even more excited about the filly now!! Could you let me have your e-mail address, would like to ask you some questions privately, if you don't mind.

Anne
Gari
You bet. Am emailing you from this site-with my email addy. If you don't receive it, please let me know here.
Timbuk2
Hi Gari & Anne

I have emailed Jenni privately to see if she will alow me to upload the pics of Eagleridge Passionata that I took from my mobile phone, she must be out as she has not replied, so I will upload the pic she emailed me instead, it is one taken of her when she went Australian Champion filly. Passionata is much whiter now and she has the most amazing head, and pretty good legs too ( thought I better throw that in biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif) Actually I hope Jen doesnt log in and see what some AH has written as I now it will upset her greatly) UR are doll Jen dont let it worry you, they are just jeolous.

I just looked up on the AHS Website and it appears that Eagleridge Passionata was born in 1999 so looks like your mare is the first Passionata Anne.

Cheers
Tim
Delyth
I think it is a crying shame that Hafid Jamill is not at public stud I would love to use him on ' my family' but when worthless negative comments begin to fly I for one can not blame his owners for such a descision. Anincredibly typey ARABIAN !!!
Gari
Dear Tim,

Am so sorry, I totally misunderstood. Thought you were posting a picture of the Hafid Jamil daughter out of Oml Camila Estopa. Eagleridge Passionata,born in '99, a kuhailan dajania by Sanadik el Shaklan, is just gorgeous. So don't mind looking at her either.

Delyth,

Obviously Hafid Jamil is absolutely stunning, defines type, is exquisitely balanced and looks simply enchanted-like the proverbial equine version of a Greek horse god! Hmmmm...perhaps the offer of a Mary Haggard oil might convince him? Or an Upton? One hears the owner collects art..............? Just a thought....... rolleyes.gif
DKG
I too would like to add my two cents with regards to Jenni Ogden. She is without doubt one of the most honest and caring people in the entire industry, well that I have dealt with anyway. I met Jenni in the pouring rain on a freezing cold day, trying desperately to save a small herd of starving arabians that were unhandled and very scared of people. Long after everyone else went home, Jenni, her husband Paul and I were still at it, and managed to save them all. Jenni also regularly donates services to her beautiful stallions to raise money for Brumby Protection Group...she is a genuine and caring person who has taught me much about Arabians, and not only about her own. Jenni has put buyers in contact with me when she thought I had something more similar...anyway, she's great.

Below is a shot I took of Passionata the last time I went up there, she is truly stunning. There is another filly up there out of the same dam as Passionata, though by the Sanadik son Khamsin. Her name is Fantaziah ERA, and she is just as beautiful as her older sister.
Timbuk2
Hi Gari

It is not my intention of taking away from Hafid Jamil when I uploaded the photo of Passsionata, he certainly looks from the photos a very beautiful horse, but I do like to see them in the flesh to make my own opinion.

I will be visiting the UK on business in a couple of months, what are the chances of seeing this horse, do the owners allow visitors I wonder, I would love to see him and his get.

Seeing as DKG has uploaded a happy snap of my pin up girl, I will add one from my mobile Phone, I am sure Jenni will not mind, and DKG is right the sister is amazing also, I watch the DVD of Passionata, Fantasiah and Afrikah almost every other day, I never get tired of watching them I just get Jealous they are not in my back yard to gaze upon everyday biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Is there video footage available of Hafid Jamil, I would like to add this to my collection so I can dream some more.

Cheers
Tim
usamah ezzain
DEAR GARI,
THANKS AND WAITING TO HAPPEN cool.gif THE BAY IS NK JAMILLA(HAFID JAMILL X NK ASEELA)

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO OPOLOGIZE FOR PUTTING A VERY BAD PICTURE FOR HELALA,PEOPLE WHO KNOW THIS MARE KNOW THAT SHE MIGHT BE THE BEST DR.NAGEL EVER BREED cool.gif
HAFID JAMILL IS ONE OF THE NICEST HORSES I KNOW,BUT I ALSO KNOW MANY OTHER NICE HORSES WHICH EVERYBODY ELSE IS FREE TO LIKE THEM AS WELL,BUT NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO DISGRACE ANY AT ALL ph34r.gif ANYBODY IS THE BEST JUDGE FOR HIMSELF AND HIS BREEDING <_<

SOMEBODYS OPINION IS VALUED ONLY WHEN HE IS ASKED BY SOMEBODY WHO TRUSTS HIM laugh.gif mad.gif cool.gif
Dr Daniel Wigger
QUOTE (usamah ezzain @ Jun 21 2005, 02:19 PM)
FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO OPOLOGIZE FOR PUTTING A VERY BAD PICTURE FOR HELALA,PEOPLE WHO KNOW THIS MARE KNOW THAT SHE MIGHT BE THE BEST DR.NAGEL EVER BREED

Dear Usamah,

the photo of Helala, you posted, doesn't do her justice. Unfortunately I don't know of a decent recent photo.

But maybe the following pic of the young Helala will silence the critics and fault-finders. It shows her as Junior-champion in Ströhen 1994. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif wink.gif Photo by E. Escher.
Dr Daniel Wigger
Sorry, forgot the pic:
Hafid fan
Dear Usamah,
You need to apologize three times,you put the worst three photos of the sire,the dam and Hafid Jamil himself.I know for sure you did not mean any bad intention(However you should know better tongue.gif ),but let me tell you one thing,there are lots of "no bodies" out there who are full of envy and nasty feeelings,who would want to just put their negetive energy at any succesfull breeding program.I advice you to be very caution with people in the arab horse world as such. wink.gif
usamah ezzain
dear hafid fan,and i am one too laugh.gif
when you are in love you always sees beautiful only and should not pay so much attentions to nobodies,we have a saying in arabic that i will try to translate wink.gif
if you throw a stone on every dog that barks then each stone will be worth a fortune laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ph34r.gif
cheer up and let them eat their hearts out wink.gif

as we say: ellei ma yothook el3nab hamedhan 3anhoo yaqool laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif whoever is not allowed to eat grapes says to himself it is sowerry and tastes no good laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ladypurr
Greetings dear friends!

I hope everyone who attend the Event had a wonderful time. One year I will be there. Perhaps 2006! and I will have the great pleasure of meeting so many of you who have posted here and responded. I hope you are all doing well.

I haven't been here in a while but was excited when I saw this thread. Then my heart sank after reading some of the most unkind, uncalled-for comments about this horse.

Please! What motivates a person to offer up such rude, insensitive and STUPID comments about such an ethereal creature? Do you realize that the guardians of this stallion adore him? How can you be so hurtful?

As someone else asked: Were you a recent guest of Al Nakib? Were you in the presence of Hafid and did you have the educated, discerning eye to really evaluate his comformation? If you can honestly answer YES to this question, then I ask YOU: Why don't you have the good sense and common decency to keep you comments to yourself? What do you expect to gain from bad-mouthing someone else's treasure?

The Arabian horse is one of our Creator's most precious gifts. His contributions to mankind are too numerous to list here. In all my years on this marvelous planet, Earth, I am continually amazed and absolutely delighted at the effect the Arabian has on mankind. He unites nations, religions; he inspires goodness and graciousness; he teaches us to trust, to be patient and understanding; to always look for the good in everyone. Please! There is no Arabian horse--no matter how flawed--that deserves to be denegrated by human beings. How can we criticize what our Creator's very breath ignited into a vision of loveliness?

Straight Egyptians.com is a most delightful, special place. Please don't sully it by your unkind comments.

There's an old childhood saying that goes like this--"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Simple.

--Susan smile.gif
Charlotte
QUOTE (Charlotte @ Jun 19 2005, 07:43 PM)
I would be interested to know if Hafid Jamil has ever had a rider on his back? How about his offspring, if any of them are old enough? Or his sire? I am a bit worried as I have never seen any of them under saddle and it would put my mind at rest to know that they are more than pretty playthings! (No offence meant) smile.gif

Was it this comment of mine which caused all these heated responses? sad.gif

I meant the question seriously, I was only interested, I think the horse is very pretty, but it always worries me that if a horse is pretty enough, nobody gives a damn if he was ever ridden, or is rideable at all. And if you even dare to ask you get branded a spiteful, jealous troublemaker.

Now I don\'t want to make trouble and I don\'t want to stir anything up here, but can someone PLEASE tell me if Hafid Jamil or his sire have ever been ridden. I repeat, I just want to know out of interest, I like the horse and I would be glad to hear if he is a good riding horse too.

Thank you!
diamonds
Some friends and i pay a visit to Dr.Nagels farm ,a month a go, to look at the stallions.
We had a lovely tour round all of them.

The stallion where playing in there paddocks and all the mare where in , becauce of the heavy rain the night before.

We loved the foal by NK Hafid Jamil and by Salaa El Din ( he did look super with his 20 years)'

To see so many lovely horse was super.

We also asked about sending one of our mares to be coverd by one of the 2 stalions,the replay was, is she S.E.,so yes we where welkom to send her.So to my knowledge they are standing at public stud.

Diamonds.
Gari
Dear Usamah,

Helala sounds like Carmargue-extraordinarily difficult to photograph. (Think I took over 5000 photos of Cam and maybe got 5 that I liked!) Some horses are just the very devil to get a decent photo of but it may simply be that they exude so much charisma in the flesh which is really is impossible to capture on film.

Clearly the photos that you have posted are of exquisitely beautiful horses that anyone who has studied these creatures for any length of time, recognizes their quality and virtues instantly even if the photographs themselves aren't quite up to standard.

Thank you so much for sharing with us and don't let anyone tell you the photos are not good enough. For the cognocenti-they are superb because they give at least an inkling of the breathtaking beauty which surrounds you! I for one cannot wait to see more!

Again, many many thanks,
Gari
What is it with everyone. Who cares if Helala has a good picture or not . She is not an exotic horse but a hell of a producer so relax no one did anything wrong. She is handsome and the picture posted of her as a young horse confirms that. It has nothing to do with being photogenic or not. Hafid Jamil on the other hand is an exotic almost freaky exotic individual. He has issues with his straight hind legs and no one can argue with that. The point is not what he looks like it is what he passes on and this is what he will remembered for. He passes some extreme qualities sought by some of the breeders to his get according to many who post here and that is what matters at the end.Dr. Nagel is a genius breeder who knows what to extract from the horses he breeds and he is well aware of their faults being the excellent judge he is. When fans of his horses argue against the obvious it is not doing him any favor .On the other hand show ring succes is such a stupid and ignorant thing to go by . I can name at least ten World Champions that were worlthless breeders. Dr. Nagel never shows his horses and he is absolutely right not to do that. So get a life all of you and quit slandering one another no one is a " nobody " or a barking dog .My goodness this is such a terrible thing to say .Anyone should be able to post his or her opinion without being insulted and called a coward or a nobody or labelled as ignorant 'cause he or she doesn't like this or that horse. If I were an advocate of a certain individual horse I would be curious to find out what is it that is not appealing or lacking in that individual. If we listen carefully to each other and respect one another we may learn something. No horse is without faults and if you guys are really fans of NK Hafid Jamil as you claim then you should welcome constructive criticism. It would be interesting to know why those people posted saying they would not use him . Have a good day ..... Jennifer
EDITED EDITED EDITED

Another of those many "wise" guest comments.

As you might noticed Oliver and Aleksi are away for 14 days now (they come back at next Saturday) and couldn't take control about the Forum. Most threads were okay but I decided to delete the one of "Magnum 44" and deleted some post in this thread. I am not as experienced as Oliver and Aleksi in handling such things but I thought I better delete too much than too few of the comments by those guests who admitted to never have seen Hafid Jamil but felt the need to educate others about his faults. biggrin.gif
Nobody is forced to like this stallion but I force everyone to treat people and horses with respect here. This was, is and will be the spirit of this Forum.

Kind regards
Melanie Schwiers
Passionata
Tim,

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Australian Passionata, she is gorgeous. And guess what? My Passionata has a half sister called Fantasia!!! How spooky is that!

Anne
Gari
Hafid Jamil defines type. If he had 4 wooden legs from the knee down, that would be fine with me because the type the stallion exudes is simply unparalleled and would be a welcome additon to program, anytime. Even with all the type in the world, a breeder cannot get enough. If a person is a real breeder, whatever a horse's issues can be bred away from while keeping those points that are critical to a program. To exclude a great horse for whatever reason is simply folly.

Conversely it is mystifying to me why anyone would come on any thread to denigrate someone else's horse. That is indeed childish and indicates a mind that is illogical, unbalanced and thus lacks any merit worth noticing. In other words it is like listening to Mortimer Snerd trying to describe Einstein's theories...one would simply not waste time listening except for a good laugh.
Greg Egan
Hafid Jamill always looks amazing, I have always admored him

Passionata is gorgeous

Imagine that cross

All the best
Timbuk2
Anne, that is so spooky, all I can say is you and Jenni must have the same taste rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif Here is a pic of Fantasiah ERA, and I am desperately trying to buy her, but it seems no amount of money will entice, but then there is a que of people after her apparently and some from your own country I am told. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif and believe me like her big sister you have to see them in the flesh, they are amazing.

Do you have any more pics of your Passionata and Fantasia?

Tim tongue.gif
Eagleridge Arabian Farm
Hello Ann

When Paul Hedges was staying with us he told me there was another Passionata, and I thought I was being original, <_< I got the name from a Jilly Cooper book El Passionato, but how spooky that you have a Fantasiah as well. I would absolutely love to see some photos of both your horses. Good luck with the filly, I hope she is everything you expect and more.I hope we get to see some photos.

Greg, yes, Hafid Jamil, how beautiful does he look, I would just love to see what he would do with my Passionata, now what a match!!!! I suppose I can dream. I would also love to use him with my SE mare Bint Bint Faaris, think that might be pretty awesome as well.

Tim, David, Karen & Maya from Tasmania I think, thankyou very much for your kind words, and coming to my defence, obviously I have upset someone, if I have done so please accept my apology BAHA. sad.gif

Jenni
Charlotte
O.K.- Ive asked the question about Hafid Jamil (or his sire) as a riding horse twice and either I get ignored or I get attacked. Why do people get so touchy about this subject? Why do you regard it as slander? The reactions just lead people to believe that Hafid Jamil is either no good as a riding horse or that his breeder or owner don't regard athletic ability as a necessity in Arabian horses. Whatever the reason, I find both equally disturbing. Because it seems that there are enough people here who don't give a damn about rideability - for some, head, type and pedigree is all that an Arabian horse needs. Thank God the bedouins didn't think the same way, or we wouldn't have Arabian horses at all nowadays!! For now, I can heartily recommend the "making an issue out of riding", some very insightful posts such as those by Sharabia and Emma Maxwell. I trust I'll get called nasty and spiteful for this post too, so I wont touch raw nerves with questions about riding here any more. I hoped someone would show me that these horses are more than just pretty faces, but seems I have to give up hope.
Ladypurr
Hi Charlotte,

From all the chatter about this stallion, it appears that few, if any, people are truly familiar with him personally. So, my advice to you is to go to the source--his owners. Contact them. Ask them if he is ridden and what kind of abilities he has under saddle. If they are reasonable people, they will respond to your questions! I'm sure they'll be flattered that you've asked?

The breeder who responded here with photos, etc., has several offspring by Hafid. Ask him what his plans are for his horses?

You know, much is made about stallions (and mares!) who have no performance record in the showring or on the race track. Not every horse can be a show horse. Not every horse has the stamina, athletic ability and desire to run. However, I firmly believe that EVERY horse can, and should, be ridden unless they have suffered a crippling injury or have some other genetic defect.

There are breeders (as was mentioned previously) who have so much invested in breeding stock that they don't place emphasis on gentling them to ride and training them for a specific discipline.

I have known stallions, SE and other strains, that just were never gentled to ride. They were used only for breeding and they produced beauty, athleticism and good temperament. It's not my preferance, but others prefer it. I believe very deeply that riding a horse and working with them closely develops the bond between you and the horse. You lean to trust each other and the experiences are unmatched.

There are people like yourself who admire, and place great emphasis on beauty and extreme type in an Arabian horse, but you want to know if the horse is "functional" and more than just a thing of beauty. I feel the same. Nothing captures my eye quicker than a beautiful, athletic horse under saddle (except maybe one in a "liberty" class).

Recently I attended a local Class-A Arabian show here in California. I was walking by one of the showrings when a stunning black stallion caught my eye. He was a dressage horse and though I was really planning to watch other classes, this horse just grabbed my attention and I sat down to watch. I found out later he was "old Egyptian" in pedigree, tracing to *Fadl and *Adhem. He was being shown by a skilled gentleman in second level dressage had been shown successfully to Prix St. George level. I watched this stallion very closely. He was powerful, smoothly coupled, relaxed and very elastic and forward moving.

Afterward, I walked up to the young man and inquired of the horse. I didn't know at the time if he was Straight Egyptian, but I suspected he was. He was lovely in every sense of the word. He was a picture of refined, dry loveliness. He had a beautiful, short chiseled head with big, black eyes. His neck was well set on and he had a good slope to the shoulder, short strong back, and deep, long hip. His legs were exellent--short cannon bones, great pasterns, clean well set hocks. Not only did he possess all of this, but his disposition was priceless. If I had had a mare, I would have booked her to him on the spot!!!! He was one of the most beautiful "black" stallions I've ever seen and he was 15.3 tall, too!!!

To make a long story short, I contacted the woman who owns him via e-mail and told her how much I liked her stallion. She was very flattered and said that she strives to breed horses just like him and she's very proud of his accomplishments. She is a breeder who breeds for the "whole" horse and not just a pretty face, although I'm sure with his beauty, she gets much pretty in his offspring.

Hafid is very, very beautiful. Maybe the owners are satisfied just to live with such a beautiful creature and riding is not important to them.

--Susan wink.gif
Alice
...that Hafid Jamil is either no good as a riding horse or that his breeder or owner don't regard athletic ability as a necessity in Arabian horses. Whatever the reason, I find both equally disturbing.

Dear Charlotte,
no one called you nasty for what you are thinking. But keep in mind that your opinion is just what it is - one opinion. Others may have other opinions including Hafid Jamil's breeder who has written a whole book about his breeding program and many recent articles in "Desert Heritage" magazine wherein he described his breeding goals in length. I doubt he is after ridebility or athleticism in the first place. Dr. Nagel has created a distinct type of horse. You may like it or dislike it but you can't change his breeding program. smile.gif If your goals are rideability and athleticism you'll find other stallions and other breeding programs that will fit better in your sceme.
Passionata
Tim and Jenni,

If you would like to send me your e-mail addresses, I would be happy to send you pictures of the horses. Would rather not post them here.

Anne
usamah ezzain
Dear jennifer,
thanks for telling who is guest wink.gif first i like to clarify that sayings dont mean litterally what they talk about,the arabs regard dogs as a sign trustworthiness and confidance as well as loyalty cool.gif but to use such a direct CHILDISH is little bit harsh ph34r.gif if i knew you are a lady ,i would not replied,but you are most welcome to check for yourself that ALMURTAJIZ is the best ansata ever laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
going back to hafid,i would like to thank ladyburr and gari for explaining in more civilized way how matters should be looked at wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif breeders use whatever horse they are convinced will take them further on into their conquests cool.gif
as for whoever likes to know about rideability of hafid father or himself,they might not be the best in that horizon,b
BUT that does not affect their progeny at all,maybe my freinds agree or disagree,this is a personal view ph34r.gif i agree with jennifer that constructive discussions is forward thinking cool.gif but maybe when it is behind unknown names then it might be taken wrong smile.gif
my best ansata ever laugh.gif
Charlotte
Dear Susan, dear Alice,

thanks first of all for your responses!

Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and of course breeders have different tastes. But I honestly think that rideability - and by that I don't mean olympic potential, but simply that the horse had correct enough conformation and a good enough disposition to carry a rider well and over a certain distance, and stay sound - is not just a matter of breeder's taste, but is an essential need for the Arabian horse. That was the most important aspect for the bedouins, and to neglect it so utterly cannot do the breed any good. Especially for those who strive to preserve the "original" and "pure" Arabian, I find it hypocritical if they dont even bother to find out how the horse goes under saddle. When riding a horse, you can find out much more about his character than just being with him, no matter what you do. When you ride a horse, you discover how you are as a team, how your horse will fight for you. Especially Arabians.

If a breeder, especially a well known and respected breeder, makes it clear that he doesn't rate rideability as a very important trait, then I find that honestly shocking. Especially as many small time breeders will follow their example. Alone in this thread it becomes clear that many people would choose a stallion on type and pedigree alone. Why should beauty and athleticism become an either/or question?

Of course not everybody wants to ride their horse. If an owner is happy just to look at his horse, then that's o.k. (perhaps a bit boring for the horse...). But breeders have a different responsibility as just owners. And let's be honest, during the last years there a negative stigma has been attaching itself to the Arabian horse more and more - many horse people regard them as unrideable. How often have you and I heard the silly remarks. This stigma arises through no fault of the horses themselves, but through the fact that more and more breeders breed for beauty and pedigree alone, and that doesn't go unnoticed by others. I find that a great pity for the breed which was once the toughest, most honest AND most beautiful riding horse on earth.

No hard feelings

Charlotte
guestGuest
Charlotte, stand up and take a bow...Yes we are our own worst enemy with what we are doing to our breed and it is no wonder that people with other breeds looking see this.No mater how you feel about what was said here just remember that the horses we produce today are tomorrows stock and the next generation of "keepers" (breeders) will have to do what they can with what we have given them. I wish them the best of luck. I just wonder how they are going to feel about then.....just pause for a moment and think about that
Timbuk2
Charlotte

I have just come back from a stud tour on the East Coast of Australia, I visited farms that have SE and also non SE, beautiful and not so beautiful, I can honestly say that I did not visit one farm that bred horses that could not be ridden, please, just because some breed more exotic horses that have wonderful pedigrees than others does not automatically mean that they are not rideable, where on earth did you get this idea from. Also if the truth be known I have seen many horses that could not cut it in the show ring sold off cheap to endurance riders, some with shocking conformation and also leg faults, that have gone onto be superb athletes completing and also some winning 80, 100 & 180k rides time after time. At the last ride I was at I saw a very ugly bad conformed horse with a club foot, upright shoulder and very straight hind legs complete the ride in the top 10, so where does that put your theory, out the window as far as I am concerned. An old stockman froma huge cattle stalion up here in nrth QLD once said to me, there is not such thing as an unrideable horse, and some of his best horses had the worst conformation.

I guarantee that Hafid Jamil no matter what faults he as, as I have yet to see a perfect horse, would also be a sound rideable horse. I seriously believe that people who continually knock beautiful horses do so because they are full of jealousy, as there simply is no other logical reason

Tim
usamah ezzain
WELL SAID TIM,YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT wub.gif
FOR YOU ESP.WITH wub.gif AND WOULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHO IS BETTER THE HAFID SON OR MMS cool.gif
usamah ezzain
THE PREVIOUS IS MMS,AND THIS IS HAFIDS SON,QASWARAH wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif :wub:SHOW ME ANY BAD CONFORMATIONS laugh.gif
Eagleridge Arabian Farm
Dear Usamah Ezzain

What a truly beautiful colt, I am sorry if I am ignorant, but who is his dam, and does he belong to you, he is so balanced and so very Typey, I am in Love rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif yet again.......

Kind Regards
Jenni
usamah ezzain
DEAR JENNI,
YESSSS HE IS MINE,I ALSO OWN HIS MOTHER FULL SISTER,NK ZAHERAH wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif (SALAA EL DINE X AMARILLA BY JAMIL AND GHAZALAH BY GHAZAL WHO IS BY NAZEER AND BUKRA).HIS MOTHER IS NARIMAN,I ALSO OWN 3 FULL SISTERS,NK JURIE,NK ALAMIRAH AND NK LOLOWAH wub.gif wub.gif :wub:AS WELL AS FULL SISTER IN BLOOD NK JAMILLA cool.gif
NK ZAHERAH :wub:PURE TYPE AND SOUND CONFORMATION cool.gif
usamah ezzain
ONE MORE OF NK ZAHERAH wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
usamah ezzain
NK ALAMIRAH :ph34r:CONFORMATION laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Thomas
QUOTE (Timbuk2 @ Jun 23 2005, 06:32 AM)
Charlotte

I have just come back from a stud tour on the East Coast of Australia, I visited farms that have SE and also non SE, beautiful and not so beautiful, I can honestly say that I did not visit one farm that bred horses that could not be ridden, please,  just because some breed more exotic horses that have wonderful pedigrees than others does not automatically mean that they are not rideable, where on earth did you get this idea from. Also if the truth be known I have seen many horses that could not cut it in the show ring sold off cheap to endurance riders, some with shocking conformation and also leg faults, that have gone onto be superb athletes completing and also some winning 80, 100 & 180k rides time after time. At  the last ride I was at I saw a very ugly bad conformed horse with a club foot, upright shoulder and very straight hind legs complete the ride in the top 10, so where does that put your theory, out the window as far as I am concerned. An old stockman froma huge cattle stalion up here in nrth QLD once said to me, there is not such thing as an unrideable horse, and some of his best horses had the worst conformation.

I guarantee that Hafid Jamil no matter what faults he as, as I have yet to see a perfect horse, would also be a sound rideable horse. I seriously believe that people who continually knock beautiful horses do so because they are full of jealousy, as there simply is no other logical reason

Tim

Wonderful, that makes breeding Arabians a lot easier tongue.gif

Rule #1: Because a few good performance horses have bad legs, there is no need anymore for breeders to value sound legs. Perhaps you can even convince buyers that your horses particular deformity will make him as good an athlete as so-and-so wink.gif

Rule#2: Performance tests are only for other breeds, Arabians are born with a personal guarantee that they are good riding horses, so no need to ever test them!

Rule#3: If you don't ever test your horse, you can tell everybody that he has great athletic ability - nobody can ever prove you are wrong!

Rule#4: If anybody criticizes your rules, say they are just jealous tongue.gif

Seriously people. Prehaps you should stop regarding these posts as personal attacks on a particular horse, and start thinking about the breed's future on the whole. Because this strange "philosophy" is endorsed by many, many breeders, unfortunately.
QUOTE (usamah ezzain @ Jun 23 2005, 11:04 AM)
SHOW ME ANY BAD CONFORMATIONS laugh.gif

I assume you don't want people to really do that, if they did you would not regard it as constructive, but would call people nasty and jealous. tongue.gif
usamah ezzain
dear thomas,AND the charming guest
you forgot rule no.5: WHEN SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO BE SMART AND FUNNY IN A NEGATIVE WAY THEN THE LIKES OF US SHOULD SAY GOODBYE wink.gif SALAMAAN SALAMAA cool.gif laugh.gif

WELLI MA YADHOOL EL3ENAB,HAMEDHAN 3ANHOO YAQHOOL cool.gif
guestGuest
Hey Thomas, those rules are great...there are many words of wisdom there, we should all take note. I particulary like Rule #3 could not have said it any better laugh.gif
Gari
Dear Usamah,

You really must forgive the BLIND, the mentally ill and the uneducated....Any horseman/breeder with a half a brain can see the quality. Jealousy creates whackos and that is a fact. (Though I must admit to a certain level of intense jealousy that you can jump on a horse at a whim and ride out into the desert every morning and evening!)

Anyway, sigh...one day this little girl should meet your little guy Qaswarah! Think it would be a perfect match! Wow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.