Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Tkr9 - Regarding Large Hind Quarters!
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
Sharabia
Hi all, and Tkr9!

The other day I read a valid post of yours asking where the large hind quarters in SE's have gone. Since then, I have been searching like a mad woman for a photo of a stallion that was bred by long time SE breeder, Lillian Mantei in Saskatchewan, Canada, and owned by Gwen Shaw, El Karta Arabians, of British Columbia. Gwen is a small breeder...

Until that photo turns up (and it is driving me mad!) of that stallion who has great body substance, I thought I would post a picture of a mare I just made a deal on, also owned by Gwen. I drooled over this mare since the day I saw her, and Gwen contacted me last week to see if I was still interested - and WAS I! (Great legs on this mare to boot!) She is also well started under saddle and has a great mind. Given, she has her faults, like all horses do, but overall, she looks like she could work all day under saddle and be content and happy, while remaining sound. Also, keep in mind this is a casual photo of her.

MY POINT - DON'T DISPAIR, THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE! There are SE breeders who are continuing to seek and breed such horses, perhaps only hidden ph34r.gif amongst the large breeders, quietly going about their breeding business...

With Friendship, smile.gif
Sheila Bautz
Mike
Nice to know that there are others who worry about such things! tongue.gif

Mike

PS The pic is just a snap, but you get the idea! laugh.gif
Sharabia
Hi Mike!

Pretty good "snap!" Who is this horse?

Yes, it is nice when breeders "worry" about such things, especially future ones! I think appreciating each type of SE is important, JMHO.

Any one else have other photo's out there that testify to the large hind quarter that is still apparent in our breed?

Sheila
guestGuest
Personally I love a big strong round rear end. I hear that they can be useful in horses also.
Mike
Hi Sheila,

The horse is Classic-Maidan. Below is a pic that I took last year of a daughter of his.

Good look with the mare! She's lovely! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

Mike
tkr9
Great to know they're still being bred somewhere out there. I dunno, it just seems like they have more power in the engines, as it were, and surely adds strenth to the overall back. I know a level croup is supposed to be desirable in the show ring and breed standard, but I'm sure that doesn't mean a flat, straight back.

Still I think the most solid architecture I've ever seen in an arabian - the gorgeous Kaszmir...
You only have to look at him to know he must have been the athlete and racehorse he was.

Sharabia
My friend Bachir said on another thread:

"By the way I just saw your new Mare that you just purchased, on another thread,I DO LIKE HER..she has a very strong hinds and seem well balanced back and neck..She remind me a bit of my Don Diablo,the dancing horse ..I will predict from the looks only that this beauty could be excellent over fences..This is just an opinion ..Can you tell me more about her ...Age/temperament/behavior /pedigree etc...
How Are you doing with your Babies?...are they coming along?
I do miss you and miss Curtis and all our conversation about Horses....
Regards my friend
Al Moussami -Bachir "

When we were at the EE and spent some time talking with Bachir, we had the privilege of viewing some video's he had along. One was his beautiful horse he trained, as mentioned in the above quote. We saw how he started this horse and then saw footage of when his Diablo had more advanced training. Bachir's horse was well conformed to begin with, having wonderful attributes, and after Bachir trained and rode him, his horse's look refined even more into that of the horses of the past! His muscling was phenomenal, and portrayed the look you see in old paintings and art work.

Bachir also had footage of the dancing horses in Egypt on the streets. Take a guess what they looked like? Powerful bodies that would put some QH's to shame! (No offense against QH's, we own a few!)

I also know Hansi has said that the reason many horses of decades - and centuries - past have such wonderful hind quarters is because they were rode in a discipline. I believe this to be very true, given that you choose horses that are well bred and confirmationally sound also.

The mare I posted the picture of illustrates her very natural, strong hind quarter that promises a great amount of potential with physical work. It is like any person, as the current owner of the mare I posted pointed out, which she basically said, "Sheila, if we did sit ups, we would transform physically too!". Just like body builders, joggers, arobics, etc., defining the muscling only makes common sense that the best attributes of a horse (or person as the case may be) will begin to manifest. Now, a person also has to take into account that not all can be "super models", as the bone structure and muscle potential does need to be there. AND this, I would love to learn more about through "book smarts", and talking with people who have bred for decades or researched extensively, as we have both here on this forum.

However, my point is, to find a horse in the "rough", and then visualize it's physical potential, is part of a breeder's responsibility, IMHO.

Personally, I appreciate all builds of our wonderful breed. Not every horse can be a jumper, or excel at endurance, or excel at Working Cow, etc. BUT, that is what makes our breed so unique, that there are different builds or horses with different potentials without having to say, own a different breeds for a different discipline.

Tkr9, I agree that they need this "power" in their engines, no matter what their discipline. And, every horse, like people, will have that to varying degrees. Unfortunately, the general belief has become that SE's are not "working" horses, and therefore, just pretty to look at. (Imagine how frustrating this would be for, let's say, a gorgeous woman who is not valued for her brains but instead, just her beauty!) That is definitely not what our breed is about! It is sad when a person feels a sense of accomplishment through people from other breeds giving a "shocking" observation. For instance, a wonderful lady who works in a cattle feed lot and rides QH's all day, finally got curious enough to visit our farm here last Wednesday. When she saw one of our stallions, she said with a sense of shock in her voice, "NOW that is an Arabian that LOOKS like he can work!" I was pleased with her comment, yet felt a bit sad, if you know what I mean?

Of course, these are just my humble observations and opinions. I am waiting to hear all of yours!
Sheila
Sharabia
Hi Bachir,

This mare I posted the picture of, Cally, has a wonderful temperment! I have purchased two other mares from this same small breeder in the past, and one of those mares, Cameo, is going to be my young son's mount. (Cameo is the one that is soooo attracted to small children, the kind of horse who's eyes tell you she will take care of them. Very docile. Now Cameo is not as impressive as Cally physically, but none the less, she is held in high esteem with me because I can trust her with my son.)

Gwen, the lady who I made the deal with on this horse, told me that she went riding on Cally, along with a friend and her horse. A strange barking dog approached them, but was not biting at them, and Cally never skipped a beat, never bolted or shied, and just stayed true to her rider while keeping her "mind". This is the same attribute that Cameo has, as I witnessed while purchasing her three large dogs wrestling beneath Cameo's belly LITERALLY, and Cameo never moved.

I have noted that these bloodlines, originally coming from Lillian Mantei's breeding program in Saskatchewan, show this temperment consistently. One stallion I bred here, behaves like a gelding and is very good natured in the same way.

With Friendship,
Sheila
AL MOUSSAMI
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Dear Sheila
Quote:"To find a Horse in the "ROUGH"and then visualize it's phisical potential"End of quote..
This statement is the secret of purchasing /choosing or keeping horses..A seasonned horseman when choosing a horse don't make his decision on what he sees but on the potential that is hidden from him ...
When I looked at Calli's photo I realised in my mind how she would look after few years of proper education ..When I purchased my horse "DON DIABLO""his condition at three was so pitiful that many of my horse friends thought that I lost my touch in choosing horses..These are the same friends who tried to purchase D.Diablo from me at a very tempting price when they witnessed him winning the open jumper class in 1988. for the region 16 in Syracuse NY......
Sheila ,congratulation on your purchase ,always remember that "TEMPERAMENT "is bred and not taught ..And you have it in CALLI...
For those who say that SE are only halter horses ,something to look at ,I regret to tell them that their understanding of owning a Beautiful Arabian is completly lost ...
What do we tell a Bedouin who rides his Siglawiyah mare with pride, 100 miles to be bred to a stallion of his choosing,that you are treating your mare poorly????
We rode our arabians hard in the desert,in temperature unberable to the common persons,we hunted on our Arabians for days,we raced our Arabians on fridays just for the bragging rights ,we did all this because we loved our horses to a point that they are our daily companions,and our soul..OH!! by the way we also were very proud to show them standing to any guest who blessed our home with a visit.....
Maybe now I can feel better about all my accomplishement with my late Arabian "DON DIABLO"
Al Moussami-Bachir
greenwoodarabs
I have to agree...I have a 2 yr old with a GREAT hind end...no it is not table top flat-but rounded and under her appropriately...looks a lot like your picture post...I will try to post if I can figure the darned thing out)...She is out of a Simeon Shai daughter, by a Thee desperado son..
but can turn on a dime, is catlike and graceful in her movements and pretty also..
I have been told that not having a table top backend is a terrible fault...but I am not sure exactly WHY that is..(excuse my ignorance-as when I set her up in a halter pose, she 'looks' flat then...?)
anyway, maybe my years with AQHA's has me colored-but I really like those "big Butts"..lol biggrin.gif
greenwoodarabs
QUOTE (guestGuest @ Aug 10 2005, 06:04 PM)
Personally I love a big strong round rear end. I hear that they can be useful in horses also.

laugh.gif Yeah, as long as the rest of the package matches...( I also like the ones with the fat wallets attached tongue.gif )
Sharabia
Hi All!

Bachir, you said, "What do we tell a Bedouin who rides his Siglawiyah mare with pride, 100 miles to be bred to a stallion of his choosing,that you are treating your mare poorly????
We rode our arabians hard in the desert,in temperature unberable to the common persons,we hunted on our Arabians for days,we raced our Arabians on fridays just for the bragging rights ,we did all this because we loved our horses to a point that they are our daily companions,and our soul..OH!! by the way we also were very proud to show them standing to any guest who blessed our home with a visit....." End Quote.

I too feel that passion, Bachir, even though I have not had the honor of experiencing all you have. You should be very proud of your accomplishments, not only with Diablo, but also as a true horseman and author. We have a great respect and admiration for you...

Greenwood Arabs, I also agree with you. Many times I scratch my head and can't understand the table top thing either, yet I do have a stallion here who also appears to go "flat" when in a halter stance. Actually, I think those horses who have a topline that always is "flat", run into many physical problems later. Maybe someone could elaborate here on this? I also think it does make a difference if you are coming from a "riding" background, or have owned "working horses" such as you did before getting into Arabians. It seems that often times a person who does ride/train will select horses differently than others.

And please understand that I am not criticizing or snubbing another person's choice or taste in SE's. Some would think I am off my rocker, and won't appreciate my horses, which is their perrogative. However, I do strongly feel and believe in breeding horses that are physically and mentally sound, and who would make me proud should I ever have to cross a desert with them, or race them on Friday's just for fun! And who fill me with pride when showing them to our visitors. smile.gif Anyways...

Greenwood, I would love to see that photo you are trying to post! Bachir, do you have one of Diablo? Any others?

Oh, and guest, you naughty, naughty person! ohmy.gif wink.gif You made me laugh too! laugh.gif

Mike, thanks for the info! Any more examples?

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz
Sharabia
Here is another example of a mare who gained a lot of respect - Egyptian Belle, also bred by Bill and Lillian Mantei at Diamond M. This mares lines can still be found in our part of the world, including in my grey stallion...
greenwoodarabs
QUOTE (Sharabia @ Aug 13 2005, 04:39 AM)
Greenwood Arabs, I also agree with you.  Many times I scratch my head and can't understand the table top thing either, yet I do have a stallion here who also appears to go "flat" when in a halter stance.  Actually, I think those horses who have a topline  that always is "flat", run into many physical problems later.  Maybe someone could elaborate here on this?  I also think it does make a difference if you are coming from a "riding" background, or have owned "working horses" such as you did before getting into Arabians.  It seems that often times a person who does ride/train will select horses differently than others.
Greenwood, I would love to see that photo you are trying to post!  Bachir, do you have one of Diablo?  Any others?

Oh, and guest, you naughty, naughty person!  ohmy.gif wink.gif  You made me laugh too!  laugh.gif

Mike, thanks for the info!  Any more examples?

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz

Sheila-
Attached is 2 yr old (wasn't quite 2 in these pictures) sh Amira Zulieka (ls THEE BAHIM X Shai Gania)
Shemesh
Do you think this is a good hindquarter?
Rod
Shemesh
Sorry, apologies to the photographer of the above photo. I don't know who took the photo.
Rod
Mike
It looks pretty good to me Rod! smile.gif smile.gif

Sheila I think that this is the sort of horse you are thinking of. Stood in a stable, 95% of folk would walk straight past her without a second glance. tongue.gif Outside in motion its a different matter. laugh.gif

A horse with a decent (and powerful) backend can move with lift and suspension whereas a horse with a "smaller motor" merely "runs fast" in a far less pleasing manner. smile.gif

Mike
Mike
Another horse noted for having powerful hindquarters:- Gharib

Mike
Mike
And one that isn't normally thought of as being SE, though he meets the PS definition. Oran, sire of Oran Van Crabbet who did pretty well under saddle in the USA. laugh.gif

Mike
Wahag
what about this for ASWAN(Nazeer x Yosreia):

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
tkr9
Oran has always been a favourite of mine, and Aswan, being an early Russian was always good. The Tersk stud used to performance test their horses before they bought them. Priboj was tried under saddle and over jumps before they decided to import him. Not many studs would do that now.
Wahag
one more:
Wahag
QUOTE (tkr9 @ Aug 14 2005, 05:29 PM)
The Tersk stud used to performance test their horses before they bought them. Priboj was tried under saddle and over jumps before they decided to import him. Not many studs would do that now.

I really like this way smile.gif

one more picture of the kind we prefer: smile.gif smile.gif

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
Sharabia
HI All!

Good photos!

Rod, what are the bloodlines, the one of the horse standing reminds me of Anaza El Farid... Also, in that photo, I do like the hind end on that horse. smile.gif

Mike, great photos also. You said, "Sheila I think that this is the sort of horse you are thinking of. Stood in a stable, 95% of folk would walk straight past her without a second glance. Outside in motion its a different matter." Yes! I think, IMHO, the attributes on what makes a great SE has changed in the last decade and then some. Many have been told what is now beautiful and desirable, and perhaps have since ignored the wisdom of many SE breeders that were in it either right from the beginning, or just about as long.

However, what I am seeing happening is that many "other" breed people, or new comers at least in this area, are interested in some of my SE's, believing that they are different than what they have seen in other Arabian herds out there. These people do end up taking a second look at mares/stallions built like this! Ironic, isn't it, that SE people would keep walking past, while those of another of breed stop in their tracks...

And this is what breeding is about, IMHO. For instance, that mare you posted the picture of Mike, I know which stallion here I would breed her too. He is what some would consider small but is well proportioned, great legs, and we are planning on having him trained in reining. Hands down, she would be bred to him if she were mine! biggrin.gif

Years ago, these "types" of horses wouldn't be passed up 95% of the time, but instead, sought after for a breeding program!!! It is like the mare I originally posted the photo of, I know where her faults are, and I know where her great strengths are also. And so, I have a stallion here who has shown me he can quite reasonably be expected to correct those faults, and we will see what happens in two years when a foal finally results!

Oh and Mike, are you by chance "military MIke" tongue.gif from the EE? biggrin.gif

Tkr9 - I know you don't own any horses yet, but given that fact, I am impressed with you. Many have followed a lead, and the original "types" of horses are being ignored and pushed to the side, unfortunately, perhaps through no fault of their own. After all, a majority of people only "know" what we are taught and base decisions on that.

Wahag, I like these pictures you posted. I also agree with what has been said here about having the horses tested under saddle, at least ridden, as it will give a better idea of what that horse moves like and thinks like. As Mike pointed out, there is a difference in how the horse feels and moves undersaddle pending the build of the hind quarter. And, from your posts Wahag, I think you would agree!

The bonus to date with my purchases of mature mares is that a majority of my SE mares are under saddle. The stallions here are also, with the exception of a three year old as I personally like to wait until they are at least four years old - but he will be getting some ground schooling this fall.

I am enjoying this discussion, keep offering your thoughts!

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz
Wahag
QUOTE (Sharabia @ Aug 14 2005, 06:39 PM)
from your posts Wahag, I think you would agree! 

100% agree
tkr9
It may not be a coincidence that a great number of arabians bred for athleticism rather than 'halter-appeal' have better architecture. Kasadi owned by the Harwood Arabian Stud is a sire of mutliple arabian racing champions, and the gorgeous Christov (pictured below, my own pic taken at the Surrey County Show, ooh, 'bout 2002/3), whom I fell in love with years ago... He wasn't perfect, but had real swagger and was built like an athlete, and deservedly won the Arab Horse Championship at the show.

CenturyOak
With the talk of great hindquarters I wanted to share this picture of a modern day stallion (colt) that I consider to have a great hind end. It's been commented on over and over from the working cow people here who are predominantly stock horse folks yet they have great things to say about this colt and watching him move he rounds naturally, moves very under himself and carries himself like a trained western horse would after months under the saddle. Needless to say I can't wait to ride this colt and he will be heading towards the working cow horse / reining and western disciplines.

Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima)

Sheila its no wonder you considered this stallion to look a little like Anaza el Farid. He is by Anaza bay Shahh and out of Monietta Mareekha. He is Monteego Bay imp. USA. So a common link to A el Farid through Bint Deenaa
Rod
Abbasiyah
Anter was known for putting on a lovely hind end. Here are two *Serag daughters giving the big butt a good name! laugh.gif

First is our black beauty Nisma (*Serag x *Nasim)
Abbasiyah
Also Nisma's lovely sister Taherah (*Serag x PH Te Era)

PH Te Era is with Peter van Ingen in Holland. Maybe Peter can show us some photos of Te Era's wonderful body if he sees this post.
anitae
And not a "level croup" in sight. biggrin.gif Love the spot for the saddle.

Anita
tkr9
My riding instructor used to tell me the way to spot good equine conformation was 'A leg on each corner and a place to put the saddle!" biggrin.gif
Just because a croup is flat, or close to it, does not indicate the horse is not athletic, poorly conformed, or otherwise inferior. What matters is the hip's angle-some horses have poor angulation and a sloping croup, some have near-perfect angulation and a flat croup. The problem comes when individuals are bred to have flat croups only and the 'breeder' didn't pay attention to the hip's angles (by that I mean from the ischium to the femur)-and when a horizontal croup results, along with the poor angulation of the hip, it is assumed the two are related, when that is simply not correct. The extreme slope that is currently the fad in the Quarter Horse world is no more correct than an extremely flat croup, when coupled with bad angulation.

I am honestly surprised by a few photos that have been posted claiming them as good examples of hindquarters-Aswan, a favorite of mine, for instance, has a very poor hindquarter in the shown photo (and most that I have seen of him; of course, as always, photos can lie-but we are currently discussing the individual's hindquarter SHOWN, not a "better" hindquarter than shown in the photo, correct?)-and we must accept that no perfect horse has been born, so please do not think I am taking a potshot at Aswan. The chestnut posted a few posts above this one, while lovely, in my personal opinion, does not have a good hindquarter-I personally see a short croup, he appears to toe out slightly, and I detect some sickle-hockedness. He does have some very good points however, that assure he is a lovely individual. I do like the dark grey-he has an excellent, well-muscled gaskin, good angulation, and good set to his tail.

Only my opinion and none of the above is meant to offend; there have been some very nice examples of good hindquarters here (in my personal opinion) smile.gif
tkr9
Probably why they gelded him (the chestnut). He was a stunner though... I just used him to illustrate the point - he was short in the croup, and you're right, flat croup doesn't equate to flat backed, but my point in an ealier thread was that the US and now EU arenas seem to favour an elongated back with nothing between the base of the wither and the tail. (The chestnut wasn't cow hocked, by the way, he was just fidgeting incessently, and that was the best piccie I could get of him, it doesn't do him justice).

Compare Magnum's silhouette (on the right, facing the screen) and Kaszmir's silhouette (facing him on the left)

The two horses are the same breed, and from pretty similar bloodlines (Via Padron) but they are so different you could scarcely believe it. In all seriousness, and limited though my knowledge is, the latter strikes you as a more athletic and, well, useable horse. And he was, a purebred who was nearly unbeaten on the racetrack, and whose father was performance tested by the Tersk Stud before they even considered purchasing him. It's also worth noting the two images are to scale and standing level, therefore Magnum has a great deal less on him per square inch.

I just think the trend toward the American lean-machines straying from the true principles of horse breeding - producing healthy natural athletes. I agree that emphasis on the arabian's natural attributes (Beauty, speed, lovely eyes and heads, hard, dense bone and endurance) is important, but what is most worrying about these posts, apart from one or two is the rarity of horses with what we all are terming - big hindquarters. sad.gif I would love to buy a modern Kaszmir (with a prettier head, I'll admit that) but I doubt I could find that one. That said, I have seen Mirko, a son of Mirokan, for sale at Sax Arabians smile.gif ... darned job hunt... NEED MONEY FOR A HORSE!!! sad.gif
Eagleridge Arabian Farm
Dear Guest

Thankyou for explaining about the angle of the hip in relation to the croup, it is very surprising how many people do not understand the skeletal function of a horse. A level croup does not necessarily effect the athleticism of a horse, in the worst case scenario when the croup is long and very flat some horses built this way may trail their hocks, but not all, although they will generally have a longer stride. It is in fact worse to have a short sloping croup from a form to function aspect, particularly in a saddle horse used for dressage etc as this shortens or restricts the length of muscle, shortening the hind legs stride or coming forward stride, you will see evidence of this with the Quarter horses where they take extremely short choppy steps with their hind legs, no good for dressage at all, also extremely uncomfortable to ride.

Interestingly these photos of Aswan do not really show the horses hindquarter in a true light, I have seen some old video footage of him taken by Gloria Lanigan as well as some stills, and he actually had a good length of hip and hindquarter perhaps these photos have been taken at a much older age as I see evidence of Lordosis which will severely effect the pelvic and croup angle.

Cheers
Jenni
Magnum Psuche looks nothing like his photos ph34r.gif
Sharabia
OKAY, NOW we're talking fellow Arabian enthusiasts! biggrin.gif

I appreciate your insights, guest and Jenni. This is what I am after, more knowledge, so I appreciate it very much as it clarified some things for me regarding croups, and as guest pointed out, hips. As all things, once again, extremes at either end of the spectrum create problems. Could either of you kindly post an example of a horse that you feel is athletic with a level croup that does not impact movement so as to provide an illustration.

I have openly stated I want to learn more about the skeleton function of the horse, as I come from a "doing" and "trial and error" background, as opposed to "book smarts" at this point. smile.gif That is why I respect rational explanations. smile.gif

To say there is a decline in the full hind quarters in SE's is not totally true. Abbasiyah, I like the white horse you posted, and would like to see more photos of him/her please, plus bloodlines.

I appreciate all of the posts here, and pictures! And, no, there is no perfect horse... smile.gif

I forgot to answer Bachir's inquiry about the bloodlines in my "new" black mare - she is by Shamruk (Ibn Hafiza x Bint Maise El Saghira) out of Egypts Vanessa (Rasmoniet RSI (Rashad Ibn Nazeer x Bint Moniet El Nefous) x Egyptian Dream)).

Guest, I am interested in your opinion on my black mare's hind quarter, that started this thread. Don't worry, I am a big girl and can take it, even if I disagree (or agree)! tongue.gif biggrin.gif I understand it is hard to judge given one photo, and a casual one at that. Even if I privately disagree, I am open to your thoughts. smile.gif If you don't want to state it openly on this forum, and you have a moment, email me through here privately.

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz
CenturyOak
I do like the dark grey-he has an excellent, well-muscled gaskin, good angulation, and good set to his tail.

Hi Guest smile.gif Can I ask which dark grey you are referring to? There are so many nice horses on this thread.. I admit to being a sucker for a big old powerful bum rolleyes.gif
CenturyOak
I do like the dark grey-he has an excellent, well-muscled gaskin, good angulation, and good set to his tail.

Hi Guest smile.gif Can I ask which dark grey you are referring to? There are so many nice horses on this thread.. I admit to being a sucker for a big old powerful bum rolleyes.gif
MAXHOPEMIME
I couldn't resist, Here's a picture of my big hiped girl, Her name is Hava Little Hope (TheRenegade x Camiela)
Straight egyptian with a behind like her daddy.
AL MOUSSAMI
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Dear Sheila
Thanks for Callies pedegree I will look into it ...also I wanted to let you know that I would love to post "DON DIABLO'S" picture but Excuse my Ignorance i don't know how to do it or if I have at home the proper equipment to post a picture ..I am trying to rectify this problem ...
I have a suggestion ,maybe you need to post one or two more photos of Callie Taken at different angles so your readers can give you a constructive opinion about her conformations.
Take care ,hello to curtis...
Your Friend
Al Moussami-Bachir
That´s what a rider is looking for:

Newel AAF Absolut x Amun Bint Kaishana(SE)

ciao roalnd palm
Rakis Mom
Here is another big booty girl. The Egyptian Roze is a full sister to Hava Little Hope rolleyes.gif

Linda
Rakis Mom
Hey Chris,
Here is one of Hope from last week during training. This mare is VERY smooth to ride with natural dressage ability.

And like an old horsewoman once told me....never ride a horse with a smaller butt than your own! As you can see, with Hope it's not a problem rolleyes.gif wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Linda
Rakis Mom
And here's Hope hanging out after a good training day. Not only is her butt large, it continues to get fuller and larger as her training progresses. I love it!
Linda
paelmchen
Under saddle:

ciao roland palm
carolGuest
OK , looking at the pictures of Oran, what can I say All Horse..........Gharib assymetrical , totally.... Aswan , Gamil Manial , Mansour. They had rounded butts prbly due to age...BUT where the gaskin ends on these horses is completely in line with the front elbow...Meaning the back end matched the front end..No Weedy butts... So what happened that we have small butts prevalent in SE,s today....And that beautiful chestnut that was gelded..His gaskin went lower then his front elbow..Talk about push.....All this tells me is the nouveau breeders are not paying attention to the whole picture and breeding just to breed.......
Abbasiyah
Hi Sheila,

The grey is Taherah and she is by *Serag (Anter x Bint Om El Saad) and out of PH Te Era (PH Ibn Tego x *Andeera)
PH Ibn Tego was by Al Nahr Montego (*Ibn Moniet El Nefous x Bint Fada) and out of the very beautiful mare *Andeera (Waseem x Manaya) . Waseem (Nazeer x Malaka) and Manaya is Alaa El Din x Moniet El Nefous. smile.gif

She can move out too!

Judi
Abbasiyah
Taherah.... Tush and type and a nice chest too tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Sharabia
Hi Judi!

Thanks for the photos! I do like this mare of yours, and thanks for sharing her bloodlines. I have some of the same lines in my SE's here, (Alaa El Din, Moniet El Nefous). smile.gif

Sheila
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.